• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

marynorth

Beach Comber
Apr 18, 2005
Anticipating our trip to Seaside in July, my husband and I were trying to think of a good, fun Mexican place around 30-A. You know the type - fun Mexican music, good margaritas, lots of people - kind of like the Red Bar goes south of the border. Does anyone know of such a place? Thanks!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Sorry, there is no Tex Mex on 30-A. I would love to see a good place come along though.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
We're all stil missing Luna del Mar. Lately I've enjoyed La Rumba in Destin. It's on the north side of 98 where Corky's BBQ used to be. Lots of SoWallers go to Coco's on 98, but I haven't been there.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I hear that Dave is opening a Taco Stand kind of place in Seaside, where Hurricane Oyster Bar once operated. I doubt it will have anything to do with Tex Mex, but I bet it does better than last shop in there.

Here4Good

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2006
Point Washington
Maybe by July the place in the new shopping center in Sandestin (Cantina Laredo) will be open....I miss Luna Del Mar, too. We go to Don Pedro's for the food (which is always good and fresh, and not too salty), but the atmosphere is not what you are describing.

Last edited:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Anticipating our trip to Seaside in July, my husband and I were trying to think of a good, fun Mexican place around 30-A. You know the type - fun Mexican music, good margaritas, lots of people - kind of like the Red Bar goes south of the border. Does anyone know of such a place? Thanks!

We go to Coco's on 98 a lot! it's a lot of fun with the whole family and friends. great margaritas, good food, kid-friendly.