• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

pokey

Beach Lover
Jul 20, 2005
My husband and I along with our 19 and 22 year old will arrive in Seagrove next week. Both kids (young adults) have friends joining us. I know the 22 year olds will want to head to bars with music in the late evenings (well the 19 years olds will also!) The older kids are into jam bands and the younger prefer country; all the kids will listen to any music as long as it is good.

Where would you suggest they go either together or separately? We have been to The Red Bar so they know what is there. The 19 year old and friends are girls that want a place to hang out with other college students. The 22 year olds (both girls and guys) might be more interested in the music and the drinks.

So where in South Walton do the college kids hang out? Also, is there a good sports bar for the guys when they ditch the girls?

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
pokey said:
My husband and I along with our 19 and 22 year old will arrive in Seagrove next week. Both kids (young adults) have friends joining us. I know the 22 year olds will want to head to bars with music in the late evenings (well the 19 years olds will also!) The older kids are into jam bands and the younger prefer country; all the kids will listen to any music as long as it is good.

Where would you suggest they go either together or separately? We have been to The Red Bar so they know what is there. The 19 year old and friends are girls that want a place to hang out with other college students. The 22 year olds (both girls and guys) might be more interested in the music and the drinks.

So where in South Walton do the college kids hang out? Also, is there a good sports bar for the guys when they ditch the girls?

Shades at the Loop at the eastern intersection of 30A and hwy 98 is a good sports bar. :D

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
http://www.myspace.com/wacoramblers
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jul 8 2006[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8:00P [/font]Pandoras [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Grayton Beach, FL[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jul 11 2006[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]6:30P [/font]Pandoras [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Grayton Beach, FL[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jul 13 2006[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8:00P [/font]Scully's [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fort Walton Beach, FL[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jul 15 2006[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]7:00P [/font]Chateau Du Vin [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Blue Mountain Beach, FL[/font]

On the 15th, Dread Clampitt will be at Pandora's for the 1st time in 4 years! :clap_1: http://www.dreadclampitt.com/shows.htm

Saturday 8th -Funky Blues Shack - Destin FL 9:30-1:30

Sunday 9th - The Red Bar - Grayton Beach - 12:00-3:00

Sunday 9th - The Red Bar - Grayton Beach - 7:00-10:00

Monday 10th - The Red Bar - Grayton Beach - 7:00-10:00

Thursday 13th - The Sea Bar - Santa Rosa Beach, Fl. 7:00-10:00

Saturday 15th - Pandora's - Grayton Beach - 6:30-10:30

Sunday 16th - The Red Bar - Grayton Beach - 12:00-3:00

Sunday 16th - The Red Bar - Grayton Beach - 7:00-10:00

Monday 17th - The Red Bar - Grayton Beach - 7:00-10:00

There will be no time for sports bars. ;-)

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
I like the way you schedule things, Kurt. My kind of week! :clap_1:

Bud

Beach Lover
Jun 6, 2006
Pt. Washington
www.myspace.com
perfect solution
WaCo Ramblers at Pandora's on Saturday night and at Chateau de Vin on Wednesday. start at 7 play till ten. bluegrass, with attitude.so your jam band kids will love it as well as your country kids... sound good?

Bud

When my daughter was 19, she and her friends cruised PCB (against my wishes, but that's how she met her boyfriend whose frat house at Tech coincidentally happened to be across the street from her sorority house). Now that she's 21, she and her boyfriend mooch our adult beverages at the house, watch DVD's, and chill out at the pool. They get plenty of partying time when they're in Atlanta.

I'll agree that 18-20 is an awkward time for a college kid at SoWal. The masses of younger teeny boppers at Seaside is a turnoff for a college-aged kid, yet they're not old enough to legally drink.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Bud said:
btw any cute girls for a rambler? haha
and you if want to see a photo of Bud, go to his Mom's MySpace page and look for the Valentine's Day photo. :roll:

Both Waco Ramblers and Dread Clampitt are where it's happening for many ages, including college-aged kids. We don't really have bunch of college kids here in SoWal, just a big mix of really cool people.

pokey

Beach Lover
Jul 20, 2005
Beach Runner said:
When my daughter was 19, she and her friends cruised PCB (against my wishes, but that's how she met her boyfriend whose frat house at Tech coincidentally happened to be across the street from her sorority house). Now that she's 21, she and her boyfriend mooch our adult beverages at the house, watch DVD's, and chill out at the pool. They get plenty of partying time when they're in Atlanta.

I'll agree that 18-20 is an awkward time for a college kid at SoWal. The masses of younger teeny boppers at Seaside is a turnoff for a college-aged kid, yet they're not old enough to legally drink.

Beach Runner- We are also in Atlanta, and I would agree that the kids can party plenty here! The 19 year olds are happy to chill at the beach and pool, watching movies and eating junk food;but I am sure will join the older siblings in the evening over a bottle of wine. Seems to be the only time mine really get along is when they sit around with munchies and wine. The older ones will most likely hit a bar or two during the week, mostly to get away from the girls in the house! While 19 year old girls are interesting, not so when they are your sister and her friends ;-)

pokey said:
Beach Runner- We are also in Atlanta, and I would agree that the kids can party plenty here! The 19 year olds are happy to chill at the beach and pool, watching movies and eating junk food;but I am sure will join the older siblings in the evening over a bottle of wine. Seems to be the only time mine really get along is when they sit around with munchies and wine. The older ones will most likely hit a bar or two during the week, mostly to get away from the girls in the house! While 19 year old girls are interesting, not so when they are your sister and her friends ;-)
I hear ya.