• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

shesgottasurf

Beach Lover
Nov 1, 2007
I am about to list my rental and I am trying to decide if I should rent it furnished or unfurnished. I hope it's ok to post this here, please move me if not.

If you are looking for a rental, do you want furnished or not? Please let me know, so I can decide to furnish or not!

I will try to post this a a poll- choose either
Furnished
or
Unfurnished

Thanks!

tealetuesday

Beach Comber
Mar 27, 2012
Panama City Beach, FL
Sometimes it depends how far they're coming. Locals moving want unfurnished because they may have their own stuff that's not hard to move, or someone like me coming from Tallahassee can't really move a couch and bed almost 3 hours lol I may be interested though!

Callie Fallin

Beach Crab
Mar 25, 2015
Unfurnished, unless it is a one bedroom studio. Most people have their own furniture already. If you have a 2-3 bedroom for rent, please let me know. I am looking for a 2-3 bedroom and have my own furniture. Would like to find something before the end of April since my kids will be getting out of school soon and we want to move as soon as possible. Thank you.

Judi G.

Beach Lover
Dec 29, 2012
Seagrove
I found that Furnished is the best. That way you save the walls from being hit by furniture being moved in and out all the time. Some people are not too careful in the moving process. Saves the floors also. I would be interested in renting your Pt. Washington property in Mid April if it is available. Thank you.

Last edited:

shesgottasurf

Beach Lover
Nov 1, 2007
Thanks for the replies. The comment about having your own stuff resonated with me as it makes sense that there should be less damage when your own furniture is there. I just may keep it furnished!

megdallen

Beach Comber
Apr 6, 2015
Furnished for sure! I've been looking for a place down there as I'm coming from Biloxi and I definitely don't want to have to buy furniture for something I'll be in for a year!

m1a1mg

Beach Fanatic
Mar 16, 2014
Lost in the world
Well, I'll be contrary. I don't like using other peoples furniture. Especially those items with fabric, or beds of any kind. I walked away from a possible rental because the owner wouldn't take a disgusting bed out. Yuck.

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
I prefer unfurnished. Even if the stuff is clean other people's furniture is rarely your taste.