1. Trouble logging in? Send a message with your username & email address for help.
    Dismiss Notice

Furnished or not furnished?

Discussion in 'Rentals - Long Term' started by shesgottasurf, Mar 26, 2015.

1. shesgottasurf

shesgottasurf Beach Lover

I am about to list my rental and I am trying to decide if I should rent it furnished or unfurnished. I hope it's ok to post this here, please move me if not.

If you are looking for a rental, do you want furnished or not? Please let me know, so I can decide to furnish or not!

I will try to post this a a poll- choose either
    Furnished
    or
    Unfurnished

Thanks!

2. James Bentwood

James Bentwood Beach Fanatic

Offer it either way. If someone wants unfurnished move stuff out.

3. tealetuesday

tealetuesday Beach Comber

Sometimes it depends how far they're coming. Locals moving want unfurnished because they may have their own stuff that's not hard to move, or someone like me coming from Tallahassee can't really move a couch and bed almost 3 hours lol I may be interested though!

4. Callie Fallin

Callie Fallin Beach Crab

Unfurnished, unless it is a one bedroom studio. Most people have their own furniture already. If you have a 2-3 bedroom for rent, please let me know. I am looking for a 2-3 bedroom and have my own furniture. Would like to find something before the end of April since my kids will be getting out of school soon and we want to move as soon as possible. Thank you.

5. Judi G.

Judi G. Beach Comber

I found that Furnished is the best. That way you save the walls from being hit by furniture being moved in and out all the time. Some people are not too careful in the moving process. Saves the floors also. I would be interested in renting your Pt. Washington property in Mid April if it is available. Thank you.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  6. shesgottasurf

shesgottasurf Beach Lover

Thanks for the replies. The comment about having your own stuff resonated with me as it makes sense that there should be less damage when your own furniture is there. I just may keep it furnished!

7. megdallen

megdallen Beach Comber

Furnished for sure! I've been looking for a place down there as I'm coming from Biloxi and I definitely don't want to have to buy furniture for something I'll be in for a year!

8. m1a1mg

m1a1mg Beach Fanatic

Well, I'll be contrary. I don't like using other peoples furniture. Especially those items with fabric, or beds of any kind. I walked away from a possible rental because the owner wouldn't take a disgusting bed out. Yuck.

9. Zebraspots

Zebraspots Beach Fanatic

I prefer unfurnished. Even if the stuff is clean other people's furniture is rarely your taste.

10. me=blessed81

me=blessed81 Beach Comber

I am in need, how much are you asking?