• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
I think one is thrashed when going against the party line when the line is confronted in a snooty manner. Addressing everyone as 'children' smacks of a certain air of arrogance that not surprisingly rubs some folks the wrong way.

Beachbummette

SoWal Insider
Jul 16, 2005
Birmingham and Watersound
_42855263_wep-eyewire203.jpg

That's TWO DAYS Skippy!! In this market you've gotta step it up a bit!!

:funn: sorry...that was funny.

Perhaps he is so busy selling real estate he does not have time for us anymore. :D

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
I think one is thrashed when going against the party line when the line is confronted in a snooty manner. Addressing everyone as 'children' smacks of a certain air of arrogance that not surprisingly rubs some folks the wrong way.

thanks, Skunk......glad someone sees it for what it is.............

fisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 19, 2005

Puhleeze! :violin:

Stating opinions that are contrary to the majority party line is what ticks people off. People don't like to hear potentially bad news unless you happen to be very, very humorous like Shelly. It gets even more difficult for folks to swallow when your opinions end up being right and the party line was wrong. Then you get accused of being arrogant? :yikes:

tistheseason

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Atlanta, GA

Stating opinions that are contrary to the majority party line is what ticks people off. People don't like to hear potentially bad news unless you happen to be very, very humorous like Shelly. It gets even more difficult for folks to swallow when your opinions end up being right and the party line was wrong. Then you get accused of being arrogant? :yikes:

I'm getting tired of the implication that everyone on this board has the same opinion. And if you don't agree than you are "ganged up on". I enjoy this board because of the varying opinions. While it might be true that the opinions of the high # posters (of which I am NOT one) are heard more frequently. . . . it's simply because they post more. Instead of complaining about it. Speak up. Get to posting.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove

OK, here is the post that turned this thread into a squabble: Sorry children, but in the financial markets (where I've made my living for 33 years) m = thousands, I have seen K used but mostly in the popular press and the comic strips ,not the financial press.
Obliously you all read read more of the latter than the former.

Fisher, if addressing people on here as 'children' is not a touch arrogant, please, let us all know what you feel to be a more appropriate adjective. That is all I am saying. Elgordo didn't even point out that BuckheadRick's post made no sense as his use of 'former' and 'latter' implies that those he was lecturing spend more time reading the 'financial press' than the 'popular press and comics';that would have been over the top.

I go contrary to 'the party line' on a regular basis but have yet to be banned, attacked, punished by ostracism or whatever it is that happens to folks who don't follow 'the party line'.

Perhaps it might be a public service to start a 'party line' thread and let us know what the board's consensus is on all manner of topic, issue by issue, so as to codify the official opinions. Good luck:wave:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I'm getting tired of the implication that everyone on this board has the same opinion. And if you don't agree than you are "ganged up on". I enjoy this board because of the varying opinions. While it might be true that the opinions of the high # posters (of which I am NOT one) are heard more frequently. . . . it's simply because they post more. Instead of complaining about it. Speak up. Get to posting.

Yes, yes, the whining is becoming so tiresome. :roll:

I love the "party line" bit- and that people are assigning importance to it by complaining about it.:roll::roll:

seaside2

Beach Fanatic
Apr 2, 2007
All over the place
For what it is worth, k = thousands is the standard in the scientific community and m = millions (not commonly used).

I use k for thousands and have no intention to change.

"So there, BBBBBLLLLLLLLHHHHHHHH" (Lily Tomlin, circa 1968).

ER

Beach Comber
Jul 19, 2007
Interesting development to such an initial simple question.

There?s such a double standard here. In many other threads people get lambasted for "stealing threads" or even roasted at times for the posting of unpopular opinions.

Who cares about K's or M's as it relates to the initial question posed under this thread? Both are used in today's real estate and finance communities. Last I checked, this is the Real Estate & Development section of the board. If you guys want to argue this and reduce yourselves to name calling, take it elsewhere. Kindergarten is closed for business.

ER