• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Just west of Gulf Highlands (behind Goatfeathers) access.

DSCN4620.jpg

DSCN4619.jpg

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
Will they scrape the beach to cover them - Haul in ugly sand to cover or leave them exposed to be covered by washed up sand? How does that work? Homeowners aren't allowed to scrape beaches are they? :dunno:

aquaticbiology

fishlips
May 30, 2005
redneck heaven
odd color - real geotube(TM) or chinese knock-off from wal-mart? and filled with what, I wonder?

and what's up with THE PUMP? :eek: reminds me of that story of the underground laboratory and the monster thay had to feed with something similar... :evil: :creepy: happy halloween!

Last edited:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Rita said:
Will they scrape the beach to cover them - Haul in ugly sand to cover or leave them exposed to be covered by washed up sand? How does that work? Homeowners aren't allowed to scrape beaches are they? :dunno:

Only the County is permitted to scrape. The tubes will be covered with sand trucked in. Although, if there is a scraping between now and then that would likely add some sand in front of the tubes.

I'm sure the plan is to build dunes over the tubes and then plant sea oats. I'm curious to see whether they try to stack tubes on top of each other.

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
What's a geo tube? :dunno: Dumb question?

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Kimmifunn said:
What's a geo tube? :dunno: Dumb question?

It's a big tube made of flexible material that is filled sith a sand/water slurry. The water is then forced out to leave a giant concrete-like sand slug, meant to protect property from storm-generated waves.

You can see the white one filled in the pic. They are about 4 feet high and 50 feet long when filled.

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
kurt said:
Only the County is permitted to scrape. The tubes will be covered with sand trucked in. Although, if there is a scraping between now and then that would likely add some sand in front of the tubes.

I'm sure the plan is to build dunes over the tubes and then plant sea oats. I'm curious to see whether they try to stack tubes on top of each other.

Any idea of the time frame it might take to get these things covered with sand? A week? Or weeks? I sure hope they find "white" sand!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Rita said:
Any idea of the time frame it might take to get these things covered with sand? A week? Or weeks? I sure hope they find "white" sand!

Not sure - as soon as they are "dry" they could have them covered in a day.