• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Yarmap

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Northeast Alabama
I'm going to post so please don't feel sad for me any longer that I haven't posted. I've been a member since'05 and visit every day. Thanks for wishing me HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

Been coming to SOWAL for many years. At least since the early 50's. I remember taking the senic tour as my father called it in the early 50's from PC Beach(before Thomas Dr. was developed) to Destin. That was when the Green Night was about 10 miles from anywhere, but they sold booze.

I can remember when we stayed on the beach in Destin in a cottage that was cinder block with a screened front porch. It was accross the beach from a fishing pier only a few miles west of Destin. There were only about 5 houses in the naborhood and you could stand on the beach and couldn't see any buildings to the East or West.

I've only missed a couple of years comming to the beach in PC or Sowal since the early 50's, that was when Uncle Sam drafted me in '68. A few summers we came almost every weekend(an it was a 6 hour drive).

We always took our 2 daughters on vacation to the beach and they are in their mid 30's and don't consider it a real vacation unless it's at the beach in Sowal.
Maybe one day we'll consider trading the farm for one of those old Florida cinder block houses and retire part time at the beach we have loved for so many years.

Ray

sarawind

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
30A
Welcome and Happy Birthday!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
:clap:...great memories! Please psot some more of those for us!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Wow- I always wondered about "YARMAP". You do realize that even though you may be Ray, everyone will call you Yarmap in person.:welcome:

Yarmap

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Northeast Alabama
My wife's name is Pam --Ray & Pam spelled backwards Yarmap--but you folks are smart you already knew that. You can call me Yar