• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BambooBay

Beach Lover
Apr 9, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach
www.30A.com
We took our kids to Goatfeathers a few months ago and had a poor experience. BUT, we decided to try it again, just to give it a fair shake. Unfortunately, our second time around was no better. The service was adequate, but the food was extremely disappointing. Not only was it very late to the table, but the seafood really tasted like it had been frozen (we were expecting fresh seafood). And the prices were just as high as anywhere else on 30A.

We also went to Elmo's a few months ago. While we thought the food was "okay," it was overpriced (in our opinion).

We have 4 kids (the youngest being 8), and we've just about reached the conclusion that, rather than trying to take everyone to what appear to be "family-friendly" places (The Crab Trap, Goatfeathers, Elmo's, etc.), we're just going to start taking them to the places that we love (D&K, Cafe 30A, 331, etc.). Generally speaking, the prices are no different, but the quality of service and food is significantly higher.

Obviously, these are just personal opinions! Someone else may have better advice...

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove
Elmo's just doesn't float my boat. Can't speak for Goatfeather's. Never been there.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Goatfeathers - we like the fish market, bu the restaurant is very unpredictable, even though I've enjoyed a few meals there, its mostly not very good.

Elmos - I've had lunch there a few times. very very greasy and just not very good food. it may be funn for a big family lunch or dinner, but don't expect much.

coonass

Beach Comber
Jan 24, 2007
come to blue orleans we got da best fried seafood platter on da beach for 22$ breakfast menu at night fo da chilren music mon -sat 10pm gumbo red beans till 12;30 :welcome:

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Haven't been here in soooo many years, but couldn't find anything open Monday afternoon. And we didn't have the time to wait for a 5:00 opening at a couple of others we wanted to try. So the :ninja: Shadowman and I tried them out, as we were starving for fried food. I made my lunch out of hushpuppies and fried crab claws, and enjoyed them....the SMan had all kinds of apps and ordered two desserts for us to try, but the atmosphere and staff seemed very depressed. Could have been overworked staff....too many shifts. Must say they were filled with people.

If I keep this up I may make it to all the lunch places in SoWal by fall....that my new goal.;-) I'm trying my best to take my business to locals!

Kat:wave:

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
Have not been to Goatfeathers in years mainly due to the poor food and service. Out of convenience I took a couple of friends on Saturday and I thought the seafood was very good. The shrimp, scallop and crab claws were lightly dusted, fresh and fried perfectly. The service was so so but they appeared to be working their arse's off. I was pleasantly surprised!:clap:

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Fuzz & I used to go to Goatfeathers regularly and never had a bad meal. I don't really know why we haven't been there lately, save for SO MANY PLACES TO EAT to choose from.