• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

arkiegirl

Beach Lover
Jan 30, 2006
Is there a place in Destin that would rent a golf cart for a week---to be used at a camp ground (really for transportation, not golfing)? We are staying in at Camping on the Gulf, but their cart rental is unbelievably high. We could even pull a small trailer to transport it. Do you know of a place and how about how much it would be?

arkiegirl

Beach Lover
Jan 30, 2006
Re: golf cart rental

and by the way, this is to use within the park, on the park roads--where its common to see people making their way from one end of the park to another via cart. Its NOT to use on the streets or bike paths, or beach.

yippie

Beach Fanatic
Oct 28, 2005
A local

Is there a place in Destin that would rent a golf cart for a week---to be used at a camp ground (really for transportation, not golfing)? We are staying in at Camping on the Gulf, but their cart rental is unbelievably high. We could even pull a small trailer to transport it. Do you know of a place and how about how much it would be?

Yes there is. Ecco Motors on Mountain Drive will rent Golf Carts.

http://streetlegalcarts.com/

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

I didn't realize that Camping on the Gulf was that large of property.

yippie

Beach Fanatic
Oct 28, 2005
A local

I didn't realize that Camping on the Gulf was that large of property.

It's not, but golf carts are fun..... Plus you can haul a lot of stuff right to the beach, no worries about your arms being full or having to go back for a second trip.

arkiegirl

Beach Lover
Jan 30, 2006

Well, I would say its pretty big (deep). If you are in the "upper" part of the campground, its a nice little walk down to the beach (espically when you have chairs, umbrellas, toys, towels, sunscreen, drinks, boogie boards, life jackets, and, and, and............) and there is no room to park cars at the beach access entry. Now you can be in the "lower" part, much closer to the water--but less trees, shade, etc. The employees run a shuttle golf cart that you an sometimes hitch a ride with, but many campers use them. They also rent them, but at a "pretty" price.

DestinGuy

Beach Crab
Nov 5, 2009
Destin Golf Cart Rentals

There is another place you can get carts from called www.DestinGolfCartRentals.com

I guess they rent houses out but you can get Street Legal Golf Carts too.
Golf Carts are Super Fun and you can save a bunch on gas while on vacation! We love 'em!

nr light

Beach Comber
Mar 4, 2010
Destin, FL
Ecco Motors provides GREAT golf cart and LSV rental services.

Most of their golf carts are "street worthy" in that they have head/tail lamps, seat belts, horn, turn signals, brake lights, windshield w/ wiper, and rear-view mirrors. They are not "street legal", though and are only allowed in GATED communities.

If you are looking for a cart to drive down to the beach or go to restaurants or shopping, I suggest renting a LOW SPEED VEHICLE, which are "street legal" and allowed on roads of posted 35mph or less.

Street Legal Carts is a company in Miramar beach that has a very large selection of TOMBERLIN Low Speed Vehicles. These LSVs were built from the ground up to be used on roadways. They are considered a CAR by the D.O.T. and are tagged and titled. Drivers must be licensed and have insurance.

I hope this cleared some things up. The Street Legal Carts website can help answer these questions and more. Check them out: www.streetlegalcarts.com or go to www.eccomotors.net for golf cart rental and ownership. 850-837-2600 :cool:

Street Legal Carts

Beach Crab
Mar 4, 2010
Cart rental

Arkiegirl,
My name is Kevin, I am w/ Street Legal Carts, we can certainly handle your rental needs w/in Camping on the Gulf. We are located less than 2 mi. away and offer delivery and pick up servie. Please check out the website Streetlegalcarts.com. With you keeping the vehicle inside the campground you only need a golf cart. Any questins or for more information you can reach us at 850.830.0415 or slc@eccomo.gccoxmail.com

Special thanks to nr-lite for the plug. :bow:

Last edited: