• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
While searching the foums, I did not see any info on golf courses in the area. We'd like to hear what you think, pros & cons, condition/difficulty, expensive, etc.? Is Camp Creek and Santa Rosa Golf Club the only ones in the 30A area?

lbjpryan

Beach Comber
Jun 12, 2005
Little Rock, AR
Have played both many times...Played Camp about 10 times and SRB&G Club about 20 times...Camp is less crowded, nicer, GPS, gets a better breeze, great cart service, etc. It is also more expensive and tougher...I have played some great courses and would rank it in my top ten (probably b/c I am on vacation when I play it).

Santa Rosa is also great...Older course, not quite as well groomed as Camp Creek but still a treat. It seems as if it is a little harder to get onto Santa Rosa, probablt just it's locale...Santa Rosa is a bit cheper as well....As I recall Santa Rosa is around $65 to $70 and Camp Creek is around $100...If you don't mind the money I would play Camp....

Rating Camp...9 SR 7

STL Don

Beach Fanatic
Mar 7, 2005
You might consider Hombre in Panama City Beach, 27 holes which have lots of challenges. There's a lot of golf up near Destin. One of the better bargains is Bluewater Bay, in Niceville, just across the mid-bay bridge.