• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

mkruze

Beach Crab
Jul 7, 2009
Hi all,
I will be visiting the Seagrove Beach area later in July and I am looking for recommendations for the best golf courses to play. Also, is there anyway to get on the courses at Watercolor...if you aren't staying there??
Thanks

mikecat adjuster

Beach Fanatic
Oct 18, 2007
Seagrove.
www.myspaceherspace.com
There are a lot of nice courses. Maybe it's just me, but I'd look for who is offering the best deals. I've enjoyed playing at Shalimar Pointe, Raggatta Bay, and I really liked the Raven. The last two are in San Destin. But I played at discounted rates.

Camp creek, which I think is a Water Color course off of 30a, looks very pretty, well kept and well designed, though I've never played it. I only walked part of it. 850-231-7600 I think the course supervisor is Larry Livingston.

Not as nice as those I've mentioned, but there's an executive par 3 course off of hwy 98, the Golf Garden. If you have a teenager or non-serious golfer to tag a long or just want to hit a less serious course, it's a nice alternative.

Darn, I've golfed so many courses here in the past. The first three I mentioned are nice though. The Raven and Ragatta Bay are pretty darn nice courses. I'm no conaisseur, but if you have the money, I doubt either of those will disappoint. They are not terribly far from Seagrove.

However, from Seagrove, Camp Creek is very, very close. Call and see, but I think at least during the spring they allowed non-members. Not sure. I'd check. Also, they will be able to tell you, I forget the course, but there is one right north of there, just north of hwy 98 that had some great specials in the spring. I drove by it and it appeared to be a nice course. It was to be supported by its surrounding neighborhood but we all know how the economy stopped many housing establishments.

Good luck and let me know if you need any more help. I have a friend who knows more about the courses around here. There is no shortage, however.

rogpurf

Beach Lover
Aug 30, 2005
Midland, MI & Seagrove Beach
Windswept is 5 mi. east of Freeport. It has 6 different tees and very nice. Hombre in Panama City Beach is a good golf course with lots of water. But I like Regatta Bay the best of all.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
There is another course that St. Joe has in Watersound North called The Origins. A mixture of 3's, 4's and a 5 it can be played in different configurations from all 3's to a mix. This is public and can be walked or use cart.

cheesehead

Beach Lover
Jul 28, 2008
30a
Camp Crekk is by far the best in NW Fl. All depends how much you want to spend. Working there, I am a bit partial to the course. If you want a challenege, this is it. Otherwise, Windswept, Santa Rosa Golf, Origins{par 3}, or Holiday.

Camp Creek # is 850-231-7601 for all info. The Creek will add 5 strookes to your game, due to the greens.

IRIETYMES

Beach Lover
Jul 9, 2007
Having played Indian Bayou, Kelly's, Regatta Bay, Windswept, Bay Point, Hombre, Holiday, Shalimar, Camp Creek, Santa Rosa, Burnt Pine, Raven, and one in PCB that was so unremarkable I can't even remember its name, I can sincerely tell you that Camp Creek is both the most expensive and the most challenging particularly if there has been rain to fill the sand wastes bordering many of the fairways. In order of my own preferences I like CC, Kelly's, Windswept, Bay Point, Hombre, the Sandestin courses, Shalimar, Indian Bayou, and then whatever is left. Enjoy.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Sharks Tooth made top 100 right after completion
Need to find a Watercolor guest to go with I think though

Guest, member or employee. Having played most all of the courses in the area I can agree with the other posters that CC is the most challenging. Fazio design means not many flat lies and the grounds crew keep the greens fast and pin locations in places where you better not be above the hole. I will say though that I seem to lose more balls at Sharks Tooth ??????

Last edited: