Good Place to Eat on the harbor in Destin?

Discussion in 'Dining and Food' started by janalea, Jul 8, 2010.

1. janalea

janalea Beach Comber

My family and I are headed to Seagrove in 2 days! We're so excited and can't wait! However, on this trip we HAVE to travel to Destin one afternoon and thought we stay and have dinner while we were there. We want to dine some place good where the kids can watch the fleet come in. Any suggestions?

2. beachmouse

beachmouse Beach Fanatic

Dewey Destin's on the Harbor is a good option- casual, kid friendly, and the food is generally reliable. For the best views of the harbor, ask for a table upstairs.

3. 30ABandMan

30ABandMan Beach Fanatic

McGuire's Irish Pub. Not a great view of the harbor but after dinner, walk across the street and poke around the cool shops. They are right on the water.

4. Plays With Food

Plays With Food Beach Lover

There was a time that I would have recommended Harbor Docks, but unless they've gotten their stuff together since February, I cannot.

Harry T's is kid friendly, the food is good and the service is excellent, and they are right on the water. You pay for the view, but since you seem prepared for that, you should enjoy it.

5. janalea

janalea Beach Comber

We had heard about a place called Harbor Docks and were thinking about it. Not good? Bad experience in February?

6. momof2kids

momof2kids Beach Fanatic

We have always had good luck at Lucky Snapper. Great views, great service, great food.

7. Plays With Food

Plays With Food Beach Lover

Harbor Docks used to be our "go to" place for fresh fish and seafood in a casual setting at fair (not cheap) prices - we'd eat there several times in a trip and we did this for several years. But the last two years (each time in February) the restaurant underwent major changes in the kitchen and in its philosophy that really hurt - both the food and the service. Since it's all the same owners, I hold out hope that they will, so to speak, right the ship. But I can no longer recommend them.

8. lms47

lms47 Beach Lover

Can't beat the view at Lucky Snapper and the place is great for kids. The food is average and average price, also.

9. Miss Critter

Miss Critter Beach Fanatic

Ate at Harbor Docks Monday and our party was underwhelmed, to put it mildly. Took forever to get our food, and it was not worth the wait. A shame, too, as it was our go-to place on the harbor for years.

10. familyof3

familyof3 Beach Lover

I had some friends really like Harry t's

11. sunspotbaby

sunspotbaby SoWal Insider

I'll have to second Harry T's. The view is amazing. We like A.J.'s too.

12. beachmouse

beachmouse Beach Fanatic

AJ's was the place where we found a fly frozen to an ice cube in the perfessor's sweet tea and they didn't act appropriately contrite or offer to comp the drink. Made us rather reluctant to go back there after that.