• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
I couldn't find another thread on this subject but I wanted everyone to know about Grace. I took Shy in this week for her check up with Dr.Barr and he ask for me to come back and meet this pup later in the week.

I met her this morning at Dr. Barrs and will be writing an article to let people be aware and hopefully donate to her care. I can attest that Grace is the proper name for this pup. Even after everything she has been through she is loving, happy and full of grace. God Bless Laurie Hood and Dr. Barr for the time and services they give to our community. Please visit the link to learn more about Grace...........and how you can help.

http://www.aarflorida.com/

grace.jpg

Click the picture about to donate to Grace's Fund. Who is Grace? Grace is a severely abused Pitt Bull from Escambia County which was awarded to Alaqua Animal Refuge. The injury that has left Grace missing all of her skin down her back was more than likely the result of a chemical burn. She is in good spirits and currently at Freeport Pet Clinic receiving treatment. Her gentle nature has won the hearts of everyone she has come in contact with. We have set up Grace's Fund, a special fund to pay for her costly treatment. Any donations received that exceed her final bills will be put towards other abuse cases, so that we can help more animals like Grace. Your support is appreciated. Click here to view the original article from Pensacola about Grace.

Last edited:

kitlit

Beach Fanatic
Dec 11, 2007
Seagrove Beach
Thanks so much for posting this, AL!

Dr. Barr arranged for my parents to take in a very special dog when its owner could no longer keep her, and I know that he truly loves every animal that he comes into contact with. Bless him and Laurie for all that they are doing...

It is so sad that any animal should have to go through ordeals like these, but it's good to know that there are people in the world who are willing and able to help!

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
Thanks so much for posting this, AL!

Dr. Barr arranged for my parents to take in a very special dog when its owner could no longer keep her, and I know that he truly loves every animal that he comes into contact with. Bless him and Laurie for all that they are doing...

It is so sad that any animal should have to go through ordeals like these, but it's good to know that there are people in the world who are willing and able to help!

Freeport is very lucky. Dr. Barr at Freeport Clinic and Dr. Kempa down the street are both great vets that truly love animals. The pictures I took this morning of Grace's injuries are very graphic, so I didn't want to post them but they will be submitted for the Herald article next week.

When we were in Dr. Barrs office for Shys checkup this week her ears would perk up and her eyes would light up every time she heard Dr. Barr speaking to the patients in the next room. After a 17 day stay with him I feel they both bonded:blush:

avalon

Beach Fanatic
Apr 21, 2008
Seagrove
I can give $20

Not much, considering the extent of her injury- I will send Laurie a check tomorrow. Some people are not actually human.