• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

grammyc

Beach Comber
Hello All--I just love these type boards, so when we rented a place for summer vacation, it sounded like a way to enhance the experience! I alway say, antisipation is a huge part of a sucessful trip! We're doing a week at Seagrove at a place called Sugar Dunes. Its a birthday week for me, and I'm aready antisipating the PRINCESS routine! :clap:Diane

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
I love Sugar Dunes! No matter what floor you are on, you have stairs to the beach from your balcony. Also, big, spacious units. They are an older condo, but well kept. Happy Birthday .....have a blast!!!

grammyc

Beach Comber
Franny-- thanks for the best wishes! How odd that I thought Sugar Dunes was in Seagrove. I guess its because it's posted that way on VBRO.com, but as yet, since its a recent rental, we don't have direct information on how to get there yet. Doesn't matter, the whole area is wonderful, we've visited for 30 yrs. Would live there except for family. Still, we love Fairhope too! Do you know it also, or just Gulf Shores?

kloli

Beach Lover
May 8, 2006
SoWal Local
:welcome: I loved living in Fairhope. We lived in a small cottage two blocks from the bay where we could easily walk to the shops and restaurants....and work. I often think about moving back. :love:

ThirtyAGal

Beach Lover
Jan 11, 2007
Tennessee
:welcome:Welcome GrammyC. You live in a beautiful city, which I was fortunate enough to visit one time. You will LOVE SoWal. By the way, I am also a Grammy!:love:

CPort

Beach Fanatic
Feb 15, 2007
Clearbranch, Miss
:welcome: I love Fairhope also! Gulf Shores was the first beach I ever went to . Lots of folks around here go there every year. Its 100 miles closer than sowal.
Last june I was there for a week in my niece's sil's condo.
I started a thread a few weeks ago about your area . I'll try to find it.

grammyc

Beach Comber
Thanks everyone! We love our town too! Both DH and I born in Mobile, retired in Fairhope. Or ONE of us did anyway:D. DH hard at work putting back the new Gulf Shores State Pk. 1600 ft. fishing pier. BUT!!! we LOVE SOWAL too! You all are so friendly. Its going to be great fun reading this board while getting ready for the BIG Birthday! I won't be having anymore after this one:rotfl:! Its one of those BIG NUMBERS, so I'm actually going to blow out the candles and WISH to be 59 forever:lol:! Might work, I'll let you know, Diane

CPort

Beach Fanatic
Feb 15, 2007
Clearbranch, Miss
Thanks everyone! We love our town too! Both DH and I born in Mobile, retired in Fairhope. Or ONE of us did anyway:D. DH hard at work putting back the new Gulf Shores State Pk. 1600 ft. fishing pier. BUT!!! we LOVE SOWAL too! You all are so friendly. Its going to be great fun reading this board while getting ready for the BIG Birthday! I won't be having anymore after this one:rotfl:! Its one of those BIG NUMBERS, so I'm actually going to blow out the candles and WISH to be 59 forever:lol:! Might work, I'll let you know, Diane
I :love:that park,stayed in a cabin in the woods in May 03. Last year I drove by the new ones on the lake they look really good also.