• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

CiaoBella

Beach Lover
Apr 20, 2005
I find the Grammy's to be quite distasteful tonight. The worst part so far is Kanye West. It's really disturbing that he truly believes that intelligent people in the world give a thought about him. One of the low-class, lacking class, grandiose....it could go on and on. Wow....this is THE REASON for any doubters!!!!

You might guess that I think the Grammys are awesome tonight. Kanye did "act a fool" when he accepted his Grammy, but I loved his performance. Alicia Keys was awesome. Loved the "Love" performance with Cirque de Soleil. Liked the Tina and Beyonc? performance. "Let It Be" brought tears to my eyes.

Even though I like the Winehouse song, it getting a "best song" award is "Ludacris" in my opinion.

Different strokes for different folks. My husband despises hip-hop, but he loves Alicia Keys and did like Kanye's "Mama" performance.

Herbie Hancock and "Rhapsody in Blue"? Awesome.

supermom262

Beach Fanatic
Nov 5, 2006
Grayton Beach
I too, am enjoying! Loved Beyonce and Tina Turner's "Proud Mary",
Kid Rock and Keely Smith's duet and I ROFL when Vince Gill accepted his award saying " I just got a Grammy from a Beatle (Ringo Starr.) Has that happened to you Kanye?:lolabove: So humble, that Vince!

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
You might guess that I think the Grammys are awesome tonight. Kanye did "act a fool" when he accepted his Grammy, but I loved his performance. Alicia Keys was awesome. Loved the "Love" performance with Cirque de Soleil. Liked the Tina and Beyonc? performance. "Let It Be" brought tears to my eyes.

Even though I like the Winehouse song, it getting a "best song" award is "Ludacris" in my opinion.

Different strokes for different folks. My husband despises hip-hop, but he loves Alicia Keys and did like Kanye's "Mama" performance.

Herbie Hancock and "Rhapsody in Blue"? Awesome.
I've missed some of this but did see Amy Winehouse just now. Shocked that she did so well. Hope she's on the mend.

Loved H. Hancock/Rhapsody in Blue. Loved Alicia Keys. Tina was good too.

supermom262

Beach Fanatic
Nov 5, 2006
Grayton Beach
Being "ahem" older, I love the pairing they have been doing with the older singers and the younger ones. The Tina and Beyonce pairing was classic! Beyonce looked like Tina in her younger days with legs that went to there! Tina still has it!

Guilty pleasure- Morris Day and the Time!

I too, am enjoying! Loved Beyonce and Tina Turner's "Proud Mary",
Kid Rock and Keely Smith's duet and I ROFL when Vince Gill accepted his award saying " I just got a Grammy from a Beatle (Ringo Starr.) Has that happened to you Kanye?:lolabove: So humble, that Vince!
That was a pretty clever comment by Gill. You know the history behind that comment, don't you? Kanye is known as a whiner and says foolish things when he doesn't receive an award for which he's nominated, as well as having an inflated image of his importance.

Last edited:

supermom262

Beach Fanatic
Nov 5, 2006
Grayton Beach
That was a pretty clever comment by Gill. You know the history behind that comment, don't you? Kanye is known as a whiner and says foolish things when he doesn't receive an award for which he's nominated.

I liked his performance tonight, the music, the staging and his "show." I thought he sounded like Muhammad Ali though in his acceptance speech "I am the Greatest", only I like Muhammad better! I did not know that he whined like that - no buying his song on iTunes from me!

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
he's a professional. whiner.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTJxj7a9-DA"]YouTube - Kanye West crashing stage at EMA's after losing to Justice[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-631TgPP2s"]YouTube - RAW VIDEO: Kanye West's Backstage Meltdown![/ame]

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal
It sure was nice that they let Amy out of rehab for the Grammy's:funn:

One Word: SKANK :puke: