• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Every commissioner has special interests backing them, to think otherwise is just stupid and foolish at best.

Cindy Meadows prize pigs are D.R. Horton and the golf cart companies.

Before everyone acts as though she's above board just fast forward to 2:08:00 on this tape:

BCC Meetings

Note the love she shows for her constituents.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Every commissioner has special interests backing them, to think otherwise is just stupid and foolish at best.

Cindy Meadows prize pigs are D.R. Horton and the golf cart companies.

Before everyone acts as though she's above board just fast forward to 2:08:00 on this tape:

BCC Meetings

Note the love she shows for her constituents.

Does BCC C. Jones ever attend the BCC meetings she was elected to attend?

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Misty, Kudos to You again for your historical recall of events. It was S. Harris and B. Hudson who blew the lid off this by announcing it at the BCC Meeting (the missing $$$ that is). Pat B. then also chimed in at the meeting. BTW, how did they determine she was lying?

That public "outing" of the issue then sped up the investigation with The State and WCSO. IMO, they were looking for a way to make it all go away quietly... Thus, the reason NO ONE has heard about Kendal Marse's arrest and the case file that sat dormant for years...

The Grand Theft arrest of Marse was meant to never have happened. That's why the first investigator took it to the point of having to do something if they went on the case and then abruptly stopped. (This occurred when Mickey Marse was still mayor of Freeport). WHO told him to close / suspend that case? That is a question that needs answers. If not for the new investigator finding the case, we wouldn't be having this discussion about a Grand Jury.

With the Public fully aware of the "big investigation" after its outing at the BCC, the powers that be needed to change course quickly. Can't cover it up completely, but we can spin it to "our" favor. Since neither Bill Eddins or Mike Adkinson want to investigate and / or arrest their friends, they decided to let a Grand Jury hear the case. What was selectively presented is the mystery. I find it unacceptable that this jury would have heard all the corrupt details of the goings on in Walton County and their only concern is if Com. Meadows influenced someone's hiring... That and Hal Laird's termination.

Again, no one seems to care who benefited from the missing $800,000... Why?

As for C. Jones, she was conveniently absent from the flag vote... Always found that one odd. Let's she if she shows up on Oct. 13th.

Matt J., I didn't know Com. Meadows was inkahoots with Golf Cart companies. Do you know which one (s) ?

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
John G wrote;
Again, no one seems to care who benefited from the missing $800,000... Why?

Honestly John, I don't think anyone benefited. The only way someone would actually benefit is if the money had been collected and someone pocketed the money. Since the money has never been collected it seems impossible that anyone benefited.....except the developer who never had to pay it!

Pat B. then also chimed in at the meeting. BTW, how did they determine she was lying?

Is it safe to assume that Melissa Ward admitted it was her error and the lie occurred when Pat Blackshear sent the email to Davis saying she knew nothing about Melissa Ward's admission when clearly the note existed in the file that Hal Laird found?

I don't know Melissa Ward personally but because she is no longer employed by the County (was terminated) and has nothing to gain by admitting her own mistake, I can't see a reason for her to lie so, obviously someone did.

Last edited:

Patriot Games

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2014
At this point I think the only thing that's safe to assume is there was a he!! of a lot of things that weren't presented to the Grand Jury. Apparently for political reasons and that's sad......

Jenksy

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2012
Honestly John, I don't think anyone benefited. The only way someone would actually benefit is if the money had been collected and someone pocketed the money. Since the money has never been collected it seems impossible that anyone benefited.....except the developer who never had to pay it!

So the developer saves $600,000 because someone made a clerical error at the planning department. Any thinking person is going to look at bank accounts of planning department employees.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Why haven't the developers been named? They had to have known they were on the lucky end of the miscalculation. A person with integrity would have come back to the county and pointed out the error, and paid the actual fees owed.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Is the property in question Redfish Village?

If so, look at the developer and their articles of incorporation. Many might see names they recognize. I did.

graytonbeach guy alluded to the property not being worth what is originally appraised for. Is it safe to assume that is because the developer pretty much destroyed the land, some of which was designated for preservation?

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
The developments were named in the grand jury report. For the names of the developers themselves, they will be in public records somewhere. I suppose you can ask why the county hasn't offered up that info, or you can go dig for it.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Why haven't the developers been named? They had to have known they were on the lucky end of the miscalculation. A person with integrity would have come back to the county and pointed out the error, and paid the actual fees owed.

The developer was named....McCormick. I agree the developer had to of have known he was on the receiving end of a very lucky miscalculation.