• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
If anyone feels any additional need to cringe in horror, they're working on the, ahem, dramatic front entrance to Turnberry Harbor right between Destin Commons and the middle school.

I think it might be even more special than Emerald Grande by the time they're through, provided that the project gets off the ground. (Lots of resales at no gain in the complexes that I'd consider to be the competition)

:rotfl:That entrance gets bigger and uglier every time I pass it. Yes, when it is finished, jaws will drop, but not in a good way.

seaside2

Beach Fanatic
Apr 2, 2007
All over the place
Anybody though about putting a gate on the west end of 30A, and killing every developer that tries to enter?:dunno:

This thing is just plain ugly. We drove past it coming over in Sept from our friend's place in Orange Beach, and ms Seaside almost upchucked.:pissed:

Makes Fitzgerald's look good. At least they admit to what they are up to (Stealing your money).:D

OK put a gate at the east end too. Stop the PC and PCB issues from migrating.:bang:

Babyblue

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2006
Seagrove Beach
UGH.....why do get a feeling in the pit of my stomach every time I get on this board and see this thread STILL open?? I am having Post-Thread-Starting Guilt (PTSG)!!!
Sorry to hit such a sour note with so many peeps. I really am. I know MOST of us DON'T like the E.G. but I still hate that I opened what is clearly a fresh wound!! :cry:

Perhaps forging ahead and continuing to post, albeit more non-disturbing subjects, will somehow cure my PTSG! :blush:

Don't be hard on yourself. If someone can find a flaw in anything this group can. :bang:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005

jlweathers

Beach Lover
May 2, 2007
you people sure do like to bash! while it may not be amicable to the 30-A society, emerald grande has apparently sold very well - so a lot of someones must think highly of it.

Joe Mammy

Beach Lover
Mar 26, 2007
This happened just a couple of weeks ago. I was showing property to a lady from Nashville who was visiting Destin for the first time.

We came up Calhoun and the EG loomed on the horizon.

Me, "What do you think of that condo?"

Her, "What's the difference between that one and all the rest?"

Me, "Uh, not much except it is very controversial because of it's appearance and location."

Her, "Oh."

To each his own...