• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Abby E

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Mar 1, 2016
South Walton FL
The Grayt Easter 5k will take place at Grayton Beach State Park on Saturday, April 11th, 2020. Starting this year, the Grayt Easter 5k will offer two distinct courses to choose from: the Clean Feet Course and the Dirty Feet Course. Both begin at 8:00AM.

To register or for more info, click on the following link: https://2020grayteaster5k.itsyourrace.com/event.aspx?id=13137

The highlight of the Clean Feet Course is an out and back course to the bridge along CR-30A that leans to Watercolor. This run entirely on pavement so, as the name suggests, your shoes SHOULD stay clean. The highlight of the Dirty Feet Course includes a trek through the village of Grayton Beach followed by a near one-mile stretch of running in the sand. After running down the beach, runners will proceed back into Grayton Beach State Park. It's all but guaranteed: you run this course, your feet WILL get dirty!

Following the race there will be an awards ceremony beginning at 9:00AM. Awards will be given to men's and women's course winners & age-group awards.

The 2020 Grayt Easter 5K benefits Communities of Transformation of South Walton.

090923-grayton-195.jpg

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Registration for the GRAYT EASTER 5K is NOW OPEN! The 2020 race will be taking place at Grayton Beach State Park on Saturday, April 11, 2020. Race start is 8:00a. The Grayt Easter 5K will offer TWO distinct courses to choose from: the CLEAN FEET course and the DIRTY FEET course. More on the courses in a moment.

There will be an awards ceremony beginning at 9:00a, where the men’s and women’s course winners will be presented their awards. Age-group awards for both males and females will also be given.

All registered runners will also receive a very cool race shirt. We'll also have plenty of snacks and drinks available for after the race.

CLEAN FEET: The highlight of the Clean Feet course is an out and back course to the bridge along CR-30A that leads to Watercolor, where you should get a great view of the Grayton Beach slash pine tree canopy (featured in the photo above)! It's run entirely on pavement so, as the name suggests, your shoes SHOULD stay clean.

DIRTY FEET: The highlight of the dirty feet course includes a trek through the village of Grayton Beach followed by a near one-mile stretch of running in the sand. Furthermore, the Dirty Feet course may include a trip through the “outflow" - a stream (or small river) of water that, when Western Lake gets full, connects Western Lake to the Gulf of Mexico. After running down the beach, runners will proceed back into Grayton Beach State Park. It's all but guaranteed: you run this course, your feet WILL get dirty!

To be sure, both courses are incredibly beautiful! Furthermore, the race should make for a fantastic start to your Easter weekend!

To register or for more info, click on the following link: https://2020grayteaster5k.itsyourrace.com/event.aspx?id=13137

You can also keep up with the latest and greatest info with regards to the race by checking out the race FB page. Just click here: facebook.com/rungrayt. Be sure to give us a "like" while you're there! :)

The 2020 Grayt Easter 5K benefits Communities of Transformation of South Walton.

Key sponsor for the 2020 Grayt Easter 5K is Good News Church. Located in Santa Rosa Beach, Good News is a loving, community-minded church.

85019825_1427354027423324_5049511514248052736_o.jpg

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Grayt Easter 5K UPDATE
POSTPONED
New tentative date May 23
Grayton Beach State Park

Howdy friends! Well, I received the phone call today from the county: all events are cancelled through April 30th. If that wasn't bad enough, I then talked to Grayton Beach State Park: all events at Florida State Parks (state-wide) are cancelled through May 15. Yep, Happy Tuesday! So, here's where we're at...

The tentative date for the Grayt Easter 5K, presented by Good News Church, is now Saturday, May 23 - key word is "tentative." I hope to have that finalized by the end of the week - more to follow. Worst case is Saturday, May 23rd. Talking to the park though, May 16th looked very likely. Regardless, just think: our race may very well be the first Easter event ever during the month of May!

Refunds. If you can't make the race and would like a refund, please let me know and it shall be done - just message me here. I know the waiver said "no refunds," but this is the right thing to do. As mentioned previously, I'm also willing to give you credit towards a future race in the form of a promo code. The next two races are the Grayton Beach Patriot's Run (4-miler) on Saturday, September 12th (...the secret is now out!) and then, of course, the Grayton Beach Kous Kouri 8 & 4-miler, which will be on Saturday, November 28th. There again, please message me here if interested.

Otherwise, consider yourself registered for the race on (hopefully) Saturday, May 23! Much more to follow!

I am suspending registration until the new date is finalized. Once the park confirms, I'll be turning it back on!

I sincerely hope that everyone is well - please stay healthy! And sane!

Bill

Last edited: