Grayton Beach Artist

Discussion in 'Business, Goods and Services' started by msiemsglusz, Jul 24, 2006.

1. msiemsglusz

msiemsglusz Beach Crab

Trying to get contact info for an artist I met last week while visiting GB from Texas. She did not have a business card with her and I had to leave GB quickly to get back to work. Her name is Susan and she works out of a studio in the back of her house on Defuniak. She is from Athens, GA. She had some great stuff in the front yard

2. Kurt Lischka

Kurt Lischka Admin Staff Member

I just saw her stuff out in the yard for the first time the other day when driving through. I will stop next time I see it out.

3. Painter Susan

Painter Susan Beach Comber

Thank you for your interest. A friend gave me the heads up on your post. I remember meeting you and enjoyed our conversation about painting techniques very much. As a former art teacher, I am always pleased to meet someone that is looking to express their own creativity and I sensed that you had many wonderful things to share. Please email me at spitt13@aol.com. Susan

4. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

So, Susan, what is your last name? I lived in Athens for several years and know many people there. What brought you to the beach?

5. Painter Susan

My name is Susan Pittman. I taught art in Athens for many years at Chase Street School and then at the Lyndon House Art Museum. I got a new husband about two years ago and he brought me here because he thinks this is the most wonderful place on earth. I agree and find it sooooo inspirational. Lately I have been painting landscapes, scenes from around Grayton. My technique is somewhat unusual because I paint with dyes on silk and cotton. The process suits the local scenery because the colors are vibrant and they flow, much like many of the people who are drawn to this area. I'm having a wonderful time in my "backyard studio"(I've nailed my canvas to a tree) And my "gallery" (works hanging from trees and proped on beach chairs) is in my front yard. Stop by and say hi!

6. Sheila

Sheila SoWal Insider

Snellville, GA., Seacrest/Seagrove as often as we
    Wow Susan, I went to Chase Street Elementary School! Small world.

7. Kurt Lischka

I'm not so vibrant but I know how to flow.

8. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

:welcome: Susan! We can't wait to meet you and see your work. My husband (Bdarg on the board) has a BFA- painting/glass. We will be in Grayton in September and look forward to meeting you. Post often!

9. hutch

hutch Beach Lover

Me too! I went to Chase Street Elementary School long time ago. Do you know Alan Campbell? Has an art studio in Athens. Alan was a school mate of mine.

the hutch

10. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

Painter Susan, I would love to stop by, but I have not seen your paintings hanging in the yard, so I am uncertain of the address of your house. :idontno:

11. Painter Susan

Dear Fellow Beach, Tree, and Lake Lovers,
    )We live at 473 Defuniak (the beeper from the Red Bar works on my front porch). If the paintings aren't out, I am consumed by some other distraction(unfortunately that happens frequently). But I love to meet other creators and I believe we all fall under that catagory. If my work isn't out email me at Spitt13@aol and we'll work something out, except for the person who knows all about flowing, that makes me a little nervous:D .
    I do know Alan Cambell. I even visited his studio probably 10 years ago and he kindly shared some materials for my students at Chase Street School, which I'm glad to see turns out fine SoWal citizens. Unfortunately I haven't seen or heard from him in a long time. He would know me as Susan Alex.

12. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

Susan Alex, would it surprise you if I told you that I know you? :idontno: Athens has a small and growing clan of folks in SoWal. (not Klan as in you know what -- I am talking about good people)

13. Kurt Lischka

Uh OH :shock:

14. InletBchDweller

InletBchDweller SoWal Insider

are we a klan??? hmmmm new thread....30 gay where are you..???

15. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

Susan, I spent much time around 2700 Jefferson Rd. - ACC ;-)

16. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

Susan, I was not trying to scare you by saying that I thought I knew you. Apparently, by your silence in the pm-s, I think I do know you. Now, get that knife weilding attorney friend of yours off my back. I have never stood over anyone's dead body while holding an ax. :eek: It is me, Smiling JOe, not that I had that name when I hung out up the street from your house in Athens.

17. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

Now, I know that I know you because of your curiosity to find out more about what I know about your ex-husband. :floor: Honey, let me tell you that if you thought Athens was a small town, you are in for a real treat in Grayton. ;-) I will keep that which I know between you, your attorney friend who is peeking over your shoulder, and me. Deal? :idontno: -- Not that any of the stuff I know is incriminating in any way -- Well, at least not all of it. ;-):D:lol::funn:

18. kathydwells

kathydwells Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname

:popcorn:

19. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

Kathydwells, Susan and I worked it all out and now we are buddy, buddy. It appears that I was scaring her by knowing too much info about her, her ex, her kids, and her houses. Now, she has invited me over for a cup of tea. Well, maybe I am still waiting on the invitation for tea, but I don't think she is as scared since I brought her into the light.

Now more about Susan's artwork...

20. kathydwells

kathydwells Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname

I just found the whole dialog interesting. It really is a small world. She will love you I am sure. Who could be scared of that face. Really. ;-)