• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

msiemsglusz

Beach Crab
Jul 24, 2006
Trying to get contact info for an artist I met last week while visiting GB from Texas. She did not have a business card with her and I had to leave GB quickly to get back to work. Her name is Susan and she works out of a studio in the back of her house on Defuniak. She is from Athens, GA. She had some great stuff in the front yard

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I just saw her stuff out in the yard for the first time the other day when driving through. I will stop next time I see it out.

Painter Susan

Beach Comber
Aug 4, 2006
Thank you for your interest. A friend gave me the heads up on your post. I remember meeting you and enjoyed our conversation about painting techniques very much. As a former art teacher, I am always pleased to meet someone that is looking to express their own creativity and I sensed that you had many wonderful things to share. Please email me at spitt13@aol.com. Susan

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
So, Susan, what is your last name? I lived in Athens for several years and know many people there. What brought you to the beach?

Painter Susan

Beach Comber
Aug 4, 2006
My name is Susan Pittman. I taught art in Athens for many years at Chase Street School and then at the Lyndon House Art Museum. I got a new husband about two years ago and he brought me here because he thinks this is the most wonderful place on earth. I agree and find it sooooo inspirational. Lately I have been painting landscapes, scenes from around Grayton. My technique is somewhat unusual because I paint with dyes on silk and cotton. The process suits the local scenery because the colors are vibrant and they flow, much like many of the people who are drawn to this area. I'm having a wonderful time in my "backyard studio"(I've nailed my canvas to a tree) And my "gallery" (works hanging from trees and proped on beach chairs) is in my front yard. Stop by and say hi!

Sheila

SoWal Insider
Painter Susan said:
My name is Susan Pittman. I taught art in Athens for many years at Chase Street School and then at the Lyndon House Art Museum. I got a new husband about two years ago and he brought me here because he thinks this is the most wonderful place on earth. I agree and find it sooooo inspirational. Lately I have been painting landscapes, scenes from around Grayton. My technique is somewhat unusual because I paint with dyes on silk and cotton. The process suits the local scenery because the colors are vibrant and they flow, much like many of the people who are drawn to this area. I'm having a wonderful time in my "backyard studio"(I've nailed my canvas to a tree) And my "gallery" (works hanging from trees and proped on beach chairs) is in my front yard. Stop by and say hi!

Wow Susan, I went to Chase Street Elementary School! Small world.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Painter Susan said:
The process suits the local scenery because the colors are vibrant and they flow, much like many of the people who are drawn to this area.

I'm not so vibrant but I know how to flow.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
:welcome: Susan! We can't wait to meet you and see your work. My husband (Bdarg on the board) has a BFA- painting/glass. We will be in Grayton in September and look forward to meeting you. Post often!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Painter Susan, I would love to stop by, but I have not seen your paintings hanging in the yard, so I am uncertain of the address of your house. :dunno: