• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
District 5 Commissioner Cecila Jones will lead a public discussion on the traffic congestion in the Grayton Beach area on Wednesday, August 12 at 4:00 at the District 5 Commission office located at 70 Logan Lane, Santa Rosa Beach, Florida 32459.

Commissioner Jones says she is concerned about emergency workers not being able to access emergency situations on certain streets near popular restaurants and businesses during the tourist season. ?We recently had a situation involving emergency personnel having a difficult time driving to an incident,? says Commissioner Jones ?and business owners and residents are concerned. It?s important that we come together and discuss the problem to see what the County can do.?

All residents and business owners in the area are welcome to attend the public meeting. For further information, contact Commissioner Jones?s District 5 office at 231-2978.

rapunzel

Beach Fanatic
Nov 30, 2005
Point Washington
I live in Grayton and honestly don't know what this is about...I've never seen traffic that was a real problem in the area except on the 4th of July. Can someone enlighten me?

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
IIRC the incident occurred over the 4th when a fire engine couldn't get down Defuniak street.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
IIRC the incident occurred over the 4th when a fire engine couldn't get down Defuniak street.

...I don't see why that's a problem--I mean, it's not like on the 4th of July there would be an increase in the use of illegal incendiary devices or.....:blink:...forget it.

Just Curious

Beach Fanatic
Apr 22, 2009
What do you do with the cars that you tow? We need to provide someplace for them to park legally. If we just kick everybody out they tend to stop coming. Maybe, just maybe there might be some other options to look into along with enforcing our parking rules.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Buy Grayton Grand property, obtain height limit variance, raise 5 story parking garage, make Grayton south of 30A pedestrian and bike only except for residents, ban vehicles on the beach except limited number of licensed charter boat captains, operate free electric trolley to and from Red Bar.

Problem solved.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Buy Grayton Grand property, obtain height limit variance, raise 5 story parking garage, make Grayton south of 30A pedestrian and bike only except for residents, ban vehicles on the beach except limited number of licensed charter boat captains, operate free electric trolley to and from Red Bar.

Problem solved.

Can I borrow a couple million? ;-)

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
.....ban vehicles on the beach except limited number of licensed charter boat captains......

Dem are fightin' words for some people

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
What do you do with the cars that you tow? We need to provide someplace for them to park legally. If we just kick everybody out they tend to stop coming. Maybe, just maybe there might be some other options to look into along with enforcing our parking rules.

I am not talking about "kicking everybody out" I am talking about enforcing the current parking - IMO a large part of the issue is just sloppy parking. Vehicles don't get pulled far enough forward (even though there is a line painted on the road and signage), large vehicles get parked in compact spaces, non-HC people park in HC spaces..........

Yes, there is a need for more spaces as well, but this would solve the problem of emergency vehicles getting through.