Job Title: Assistant General Manager
Location: Grayton Beach, Florida
Grayton Beer Brewpub is a fully operational brewery, restaurant and bar located in the heart of Grayton Beach, Florida, on Scenic Highway 30A. Open seven days a week for lunch and dinner beginning at 11:00AM daily, the Brewpub offers a varied menu with options highlighting the freshest ingredients. In addition to 15+ beers on tap, all of which are brewed onsite or at our Production Facility, Grayton Beer Brewpub also offers wine and craft cocktails. We seek to hire an experienced Assistant General Manager. Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Brewpub Assistant General Manager - Assist the General Manager in facilitating all aspects of operations including but not limited to:
- Ambassador for Grayton Beer Company for both guest and team members.
- Be aware of restaurant atmosphere and adjust to keep guests comfortable and enjoying their visit. (Music volume, temperature, lighting...)
- Create a weekly schedule and post in a timely manner.
- Promote a positive work environment.
- Manage and execute catering for events. Plan food and beverage menus considering clients’ preferences and special requests (for example healthy meals for children)
- Product ordering, inventory management, inventory reporting, and proper rotation of stock.
- Enforce and modify employee duties as needed.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment for guests and team members including parking area and building exterior.
- Monitor and control cost of goods sold and corresponding labor while still providing value and exceptional hospitality to guests.
- Exercise and enforce responsible cash handling and vendor check in procedures.
- Plan and execute promotional events and weekly specials.
- Schedule ongoing training for staff in aspects of service, alcohol safety, food safety, and product knowledge.
- Staff hiring, on-boarding, disciplinary actions with documentation, as well as communication of performance expectations.
- Maintain POS database to a level consistency that allows for proper accounting and analysis.
- Coordinate proper routine maintenance of equipment and report all needed repairs to the General Manager.
- Be proficient in all workstations to fill in for absent team members when required.
- 5 years of experience in Food and Beverage with experience in catering, preferred.
- Strong knowledge of food preparation and menu development
- Experience in staff supervision and training programs
- Certified in Serve-Safe or Food Handlers
- Excellent knowledge of catering and managing cost
- Organized, detail oriented with a strong cleaning focus
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Hot Schedules, and Focus Point of Sale