Grayton Sunset Get-Together

Discussion in 'All About SoWal' started by Sea Star, Oct 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sea Star

Sea Star Beach Lover

Where is parking for Grayton Beach? We are not landowners, and therefore do not have a beach permit, however would like to join in the SoWal OMC. Also - where is Ed Walline and Gulf Place? Don't recall seeing them in 10 years of exploring. :idontno: Can't wait to get to Seagrove on Saturday!! :D

2. RiverOtter

RiverOtter got any pics?

Last time I was down there I parked right at the east access. No problems :cool:

3. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

Park anywhere around the Red Bar or on Garfield St south of the Red Bar. Beach access is on Garfield St. Gulf Place is at intersection of 30-A / 393. If you have not been to Ed Walline Park in the last ten years, you don't need to know about Ed Walline Park. FYI- It is also at the same intersection as Gulf Place.

4. Beach Runner

Beach Runner beats on hood

Near the ATL and in SoWal as often as possible
    Park by Charles' house in other words? BTW he and his wife are so sweet.

So, *IF* I can get my husband to be less introverted, what time do we meet?

5. Sea Star

Sea Star Beach Lover

:blink: I did what I should have done to begin with and looked up Ed Walline on a Google search. We love to explore the area while we are there, but we don't usually head west because we don't "do" Destin. I didn't mean to offend you, Smiling JOe, by asking for information about the area. Starting to get a bad taste in my mouth from some of the attitudes on this message board. :sosad:

6. Kimmifunn

Kimmifunn Funnkalicious

You have probably driven by it a million times, but just didn't realize what it was. :idontno: No biggie...right? :lol:

7. RiverOtter

RiverOtter got any pics?

Gosh, Hope I didn't offend you. I reread my post a couple of times. The last time I was down there I was in my car and could not drive on the beach so I parked at the east access just past the Red Bar and walked right out to the beach. Easy as pie :cool: . Hope you had a good sunset, wish I was there :cool:

8. Diane4145

Diane4145 Beach Fanatic

Shame on you, Smiling Joe! :nono1: It's no wonder, why SS would be concerned, your comment seemed very insensitive and condescending! She has the RIGHT to decide what she does and doesn't, want to do! Maybe you're just having a tough day. Sea Star, SJ is a regular and a wealth of information, but sorry you were offended! I'm sure, that it wasn't intentional! :razz:

:sosad:

9. Landlocked

Landlocked Beach Fanatic

What the heck is Ed Walline anyway? We don't usually get down that way from Dune Allen.

10. Jennifer Steele

Jennifer Steele Beach Fanatic

Ed Walline Park is basically a beach access in Santa Rosa Beach at the intersection of 30-A and 393, across from the old Capo's and Gulf Place (shopping, restaurants). The park/beach access is named after Ed Walline who was one of the primary county constables.

11. Jennifer Steele

Jennifer Steele Beach Fanatic

However, the access has been under ongoing reconstruction since Ivan; not very inviting, so maybe that's why you've never stopped.

12. Sea Star

Sea Star Beach Lover

:cool: RO you didn't offend me. I appreciated the info about parking, just not SJ's comment. We are not there yet, but will be Saturday afternoon, and will think about you and GB while there. I can't wait. Will wave out my window when passing through the Nooga. :wub:

13. Landlocked

Landlocked Beach Fanatic

I see.

14. seagrovelover

seagrovelover little sugar

Sea Star.......sometimes things said on this board do come off a tad bit snobbish , it's a free country, explore and have fun!!!!!!! I felt the same way when I read it :eek:

15. Rita

Rita margarita brocolia

Go to: www.gulfplace.com

We often stay down on West 30-A because it is close to our house. I'm guessing it is 6 miles west of Grayton Beach. Visit the Artist Kiosks if you go and some neat stores, plus Miss Lucille's Gossip Parlor for coffee, ice cream, sandwiches, bakery items. There is also a sitting area with board games and dress-up clothes for the kids, plus free internet access on a limited basis in the Gossip Parlor. And Smiling Fish Cafe.

During summer there are live concerts in the amphitheatre.

Reasonably priced lodging in 4 story condos across the street from beach.
    It is less busy than the East end of 30-A so don't tell everybody! ;-)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2005
  16. Ocean Lover

Ocean Lover bean

[​IMG]

Do drive down. This was taken at Gulf Place in front of some of the artist's little shops. It's a really neat area.

17. Sea Star

Sea Star Beach Lover

Thanks Rita and Ocean Lover. I have driven by and noticed Miss Lucille's - have never stopped in there. I have also been wondering where Smiling Fish is. I love the little shops in Seaside and Grayton, and we always try to pick up a piece of art work while on vacation, so - Gulf Place here I come!! :clap_1:

18. Sheila

Sheila SoWal Insider

Snellville, GA., Seacrest/Seagrove as often as we
    We tried Smiling Fish in September. We really liked it. Great gulf view if it's not to hot to sit outside. Food is great and the wait staff is very nice and attentive! :clap_1:

19. iwishiwasthere

iwishiwasthere Beach Fanatic

What is the name of the condos?

20. Diane4145

Diane4145 Beach Fanatic

What's so hard about, "not sounding snobbish"? I live off of 30A, but that doesn't give me the right, to be "snobbish"! :nono1: Attitudes like that are not only snobbish, but totally classless! :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: SS, I agree, it is a "free country". But, people like this can make people like us, not want to associate with, people like them! :lol: We're not all like that! :welcome:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.