• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

RepComic

Beach Lover
Mar 23, 2007
GCCF.jpg

RepComic

Beach Lover
Mar 23, 2007
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]For the fifth consecutive year, the Rep will host the Gulf Coast Comedy Festival, a four-day celebration of laughter featuring stand-up, sketch, and improv comedy from around the the country and right here at home. The festival runs in the Meeting Hall Theatre Wednesday, July 30 through Saturday, August 2, with two shows nightly at 8pm and 10pm. Tickets are $15 for a single and can be purchased online at www.seasiderep.org or via phone at 850-231-0733. The 2008 Rep season has been sponsored by the Cottage Rental Agency and Pizitz Home.

Returning to the festival is Sammy Wegent, the winner of the 2005 Battle of the Bay Comedy Competition and owner of the title "The Funniest Person in the Bay Area." But local audiences remember Sammy as the leader of SPF 7, the prodigal improv troupe that formed at the Rep in the summer of 2001. In addition to performing stand-up and improv, Sammy will also perform his topical one-man show "Hell to the Chief," a political satire that has been staged in San Francisco, Austin, and New Orleans. Other members of SPF 7 appearing this year include Justin Lamb and Bob Brindley, both of whom have been enjoying commercial success as comedic actors. Another familiar face to festival audiences is rising star Roger Hailes, whose stand-up act has recently appeared on Comedy Central's "Live at Gotham" (Watch a clip!) and whose talents have earned him "Comedian of the Week" in renowned publication Time Out New York. Also scheduled to appear is the ubiquitous Kevin Boyle, comedian, improvisor and star of this summer's comedy Fuddy Meers.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

potatovixen

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
PCB
www.myspace.com
How convenient that I happen to have all four of those days off!

potatovixen

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
PCB
www.myspace.com
What night are you going- I may join you! We have to take turns going since our home boy sitter is OOT!

Thinking about going tonight or tomorrow. Holla at me.

RepComic

Beach Lover
Mar 23, 2007
The schedule varies. For more info on specific nights, call the box office 850.231.0733.

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
Crazy stuff tonight. The festival opened with a bang. Sammy came out with both barrels blazing, followed by Kevin, and then Roger Hailes(gay face to his friends), awesome. The show finished up with The Flaws; Kevin, David Mac, and guest Flaw Bob Brindly. People where on the edges of their seats literally when about 40 loaded mousetraps were placed onstage and shoes were removed and blindfolds were donned. Look forward to hijinks like this all week. Don't miss these shows.

A super special thanks to THE
trademark.gif
Interns for helping us get this show together.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Crazy stuff tonight. The festival opened with a bang. Sammy came out with both barrels blazing, followed by Kevin, and then Roger Hailes(gay face to his friends), awesome. The show finished up with The Flaws; Kevin, David Mac, and guest Flaw Bob Brindly. People where on the edges of their seats literally when about 40 loaded mousetraps were placed onstage and shoes were removed and blindfolds were donned. Look forward to hijinks like this all week. Don't miss these shows.

A super special thanks to THE
trademark.gif
Interns for helping us get this show together.

Okay, now I am sobbing because I am missing this (and everything else Rep this summer) and John R made me want to go so much with his post!!!

I had to add Rep Comic to my list of people that just make me laugh when I see them. It is a compliment...I am not that cruel. :D