• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

afulghum

Beach Crab
Feb 16, 2009
Hi all,

My wife, son, and I are ready to hop in the car for a Seagrove trip (too many years have passed since our last visit). We plan on arriving Weds. Feb. 18th. We're looking for a place as close as possible to Eastern lake, Gulf front. Initially we thought Commodore was the best spot, (heated pool, size, etc) but that's under construction. Sugar Dune has more space than we need (and our budget), Leeward II seems a little cramped. Is there a happy (no hi-rises) medium near Eastern Lake? Any ideas that fit this bill? Thanks in advance. This site has been really helpful.

J

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
Perhaps you can drive around on both the east and west sides of the lake when you get here. In your time period, there are vacancies, so you could look around before you commit, imho. One of the best values on Eastern Lake is Beachside Villas. Not sure if pool is heated. You'd have to call them. They did destroy some of the hightest dunes in the world to build those, but that is old history. I may never get over it, but since it is built and there is nothing we can do about that now, it would provide a value vacation spot for you. Location is great, short walk to beach. Try to get unit that has gulf and lake views. There are a number of houses around Eastern Lake, too. One set of four homes has a pool. Just wish they would turn off their dock lights that they leave burning all night, all year long. But, great views and virtually on the beach. Used to be called Pompano Point. Local rental agency should be able to help you out. Another house, only three down from outfall on the east has a pool. Probably not value priced. But, you could check. Dunes of Seagrove. On beach. But, just for your information, this area really isn't Seagrove and the Dunes of Seagrove took out the rest of the dunes that Beachside Villas didn't. But, they are gone now. So nothing we can do about that. However, if you didn't know that, it is still the most incredibly beautiful place you will ever see. When new people get here I am always amazed at how beautiful they think it is... and it is. Truly, it still does take your breath away. Can you imagine what it must have looked like before some of the questionable development took place.

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Beachside Villas isn't heated, unless something has changed lately. Usually a heated pool ads a lot to the cost, whether it be a private home or condo. Good luck, can't think of any in the area. You may want to check on Beachfront II condos, they used to have a heated pool, but I know in the past they had opted not to heat it anymore.

afulghum

Beach Crab
Feb 16, 2009
This is great info. Thank you very much. I've often wondered what it was like in this area before development. Alas, time marches on.
Perhaps you can drive around on both the east and west sides of the lake when you get here. In your time period, there are vacancies, so you could look around before you commit, imho. One of the best values on Eastern Lake is Beachside Villas. Not sure if pool is heated. You'd have to call them. They did destroy some of the hightest dunes in the world to build those, but that is old history. I may never get over it, but since it is built and there is nothing we can do about that now, it would provide a value vacation spot for you. Location is great, short walk to beach. Try to get unit that has gulf and lake views. There are a number of houses around Eastern Lake, too. One set of four homes has a pool. Just wish they would turn off their dock lights that they leave burning all night, all year long. But, great views and virtually on the beach. Used to be called Pompano Point. Local rental agency should be able to help you out. Another house, only three down from outfall on the east has a pool. Probably not value priced. But, you could check. Dunes of Seagrove. On beach. But, just for your information, this area really isn't Seagrove and the Dunes of Seagrove took out the rest of the dunes that Beachside Villas didn't. But, they are gone now. So nothing we can do about that. However, if you didn't know that, it is still the most incredibly beautiful place you will ever see. When new people get here I am always amazed at how beautiful they think it is... and it is. Truly, it still does take your breath away. Can you imagine what it must have looked like before some of the questionable development took place.

djonsgb

Beach Crab
Feb 17, 2009
Hi all,

My wife, son, and I are ready to hop in the car for a Seagrove trip (too many years have passed since our last visit). We plan on arriving Weds. Feb. 18th. We're looking for a place as close as possible to Eastern lake, Gulf front. Initially we thought Commodore was the best spot, (heated pool, size, etc) but that's under construction. Sugar Dune has more space than we need (and our budget), Leeward II seems a little cramped. Is there a happy (no hi-rises) medium near Eastern Lake? Any ideas that fit this bill? Thanks in advance. This site has been really helpful.

We at ResortQuest would love to help you find just the right accomodation for you and your family. Please phone our Seagrove Office direct at 850-267-2693.