• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

shakennotstirred

Beach Fanatic
Jan 5, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
Hi! My friends and I are contemplating renting a house near Gulf Place during Spring Break. Has anyone stayed there during Spring Break? We are wondering how crowded the beach gets there. Thanks!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Not too bad at all except maybe at the Ed Walline Beach Access if it is a good weather and we have a good spring. Even then it's not too bad.

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
I agree, it is a not bad. Gulf Place is a fabulous place to stay, so close to really good eating.

Paradise at the "C"

Beach Crab
Jul 19, 2011
Had several units in Gulf Place and - I agree at the public beach access (Ed Walline) it is crowded and gulf Place walkover is not far from Ed Walline entrance....yet after Ed Walline (the public beach access) it is quiet. Where I live on the beach 3 blocks from Gulf Place it is VERY quiet. It also depends - when is your Spring Break??

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
We were in that area, just a little east of Gulf Place 393 (at Sea Haunts on Spooky Lane) over Memorial weekend and the public beach access was busy but the beach in front of Sea Haunts was great! It didn't feel at all like a holiday weekend there. We also really enjoy staying close to Gulf Place. The Gulfview Heights beach access area should be OK too, I would think. We walked that direction over Memorial weekend and it wasn't crowded at all.

We also walked the beach past the access coming from the Gulf Place Caribbean and Cabana condos. That was not as busy as the public Ed Walline access either. I think you would be happy there.

Last edited:

shakennotstirred

Beach Fanatic
Jan 5, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks everyone! I believe this house is directly across from Gulf Place - near their beach access. We will be there 3/31 through 4/7 which is usually a busy time with Georgia schools' breaks. Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think this is right next to the public beach access. We typically stay at a house in Dune Allen (across from Stinky's) and the beach is not very crowded there. Unfortunately the rent on the house has almost doubled since last year so we are looking at other options.

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
The beach access for Gulf Place is just west of Ed Walline.

dunelover

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2007
Oklahoma girl
www.thebeamstore.com
Is it in sunrise beach? Were staying there now and it is right next to the public access and really loud. Motorcycles a hous of the night. If it is as busy as it is now, not much except on weekends, then I wouldn't worry much. I like being able to bike to gulf place, but like you prefer our house we usually rent that has gone up in price at the other end of dune Allen.

shakennotstirred

Beach Fanatic
Jan 5, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
Is it in sunrise beach? Were staying there now and it is right next to the public access and really loud. Motorcycles a hous of the night. If it is as busy as it is now, not much except on weekends, then I wouldn't worry much. I like being able to bike to gulf place, but like you prefer our house we usually rent that has gone up in price at the other end of dune Allen.
It is not at Sunrise Beach but I stay there in Oct. I wonder if we were renting the same house in Dune Allen - turquoise one? Please share where you are staying in Sunrise? - We are still looking at options for our April trip. Enjoy your time at the beach!