• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Tom at BV

Beach Lover
May 14, 2006
Plymouth & Petoskey MI
I like Gulf Place & thinking about purchasing an empty lot, but reading their ARB-Architectural Review Board, rules & regulations, it scares the bee jeekies out of me. They have a $10K strick Compliance Deposit Refund Schedule with the ARB committee ruling on every construction day to day operation. Is this a typical construction issue up & down 30-A??? :blush: If it is run, run away. Comments please:thanks:

Tom

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Design Review Boards are pretty typical in planned communities such as Watercolor/Watersound, Rosemary and Alys Beach. Even the little community I live in, Seabreeze, has a DRB. Some are more restrictive than others but the general idea is to coordinate the style, building materials (roofs etc ), color pallet, size of building on lot size, towers etc. to maintain a "theme" throughout the community. Not for everybody and probably does add to the costs but the results can be a positive for the community at large.