• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

NSully

Beach Comber
Hi Ladies ~

I am new to 30a and am in search of a good place to get my hair cut/colored. somewhere not too expensive (I am used to spending about $150 for both services)....also if you know anyone who specialized in wavy/curly hair, that would be ideal.

Also looking from a mani/pedi place......

THANKS!!

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
My daughter and I both have curly hair and the only person we've ever been able to find that cuts our hair correctly is Lisa Waldrop at SkyeBlu Salon. Phone 850 622-3220. She charges $45 for ladies' haircut. I don't know how much she charges for color, but a friend gets hers done there and it looks great. The salon is located in a little building on 30A near Butler Elementary.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Head to Toe in Grayton does my hair and all of my friends' hair.

Don't have a strong rec for pedis, as everyone's lasts longer than an at-home job and there's a foot massage, so I'm always happy! :D

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
I second Head To Toe in North Grayton for hair, and you will probably get out with less than $150.

For mani/pedi, my favorite has been Ocean Nails. However, the last time I was there three or so weeks ago, I found out they had sold. Dennis and a couple of members of his family were still there, but one of the sons (can't remember his name, does great pedi) said he didn't know if they would stay. So, I'm completely bummed.

If anyone else goes to Ocean Nails and they are still there, or if you see them anywhere else, please advise -

TruthSeeker

Beach Comber
Apr 24, 2007
Great News for South Walton!!! Renown hair designer Lori West has relocated to our area. She is known for her unique abilities in both hair color/chemical design as well as flawless cut/styling. It is a rare area that can benefit from her talents. Thanks for coming here Lori! You can call her at SOHO Salon and Studio located in Holiday Plaza at 850-424-6765 or her cell at 850-333-6783.

Susan Horn

Beach Fanatic
Gina at Salon Twist 231.7853, consistently best haircuts I've ever had! Not sure who's doing color for Gina right now. She's had her salon in Uptown Grayton for the last few years and just relocated to the nice little center where La Botana is. Can't wait to see the new location.