• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ameliaj

Beach Fanatic
Jun 19, 2007
SoSpal (figure it out)/Seacrest
Seagrill (the old chops 30a) has a great happy hour. I believe it is from 5-7 with half price drinks and sushi. Wednesday is $5 martini night. AAAAAND There is ample free parking in the back. I haven't eaten from their new menu yet, but it certainly looks interesting.

Here4Good

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2006
Point Washington
Seagrill is also beautiful inside.

It is a shame that there are so few places to sit and enjoy an ocean view for happy hour. Bud and Alley's is just too crowded many times because that's the only place you can SEE the ocean.

You can catch a glimpse of it from Shorty's, but that's not the same.

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
Well, I can't think of anything worse than being disappointed at a bonafide happy hour.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I don't think a restaurant that has been open only 4 years is quite at icon status yet IMO.

In this economy I'd say they are going to make icon status in the long run, other restaurants that were long gone before 4 years got even better reviews.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Given the last 4 years, the fact that they are still there and providing good food and decent service is not just iconic, it's almost miraculous.

NightAngel

Beach Fanatic
Aug 28, 2006
The Village
Given the last 4 years, the fact that they are still there and providing good food and decent service is not just iconic, it's almost miraculous.

Yea, I have been here in SoWal almost 30 years and my opinion is that A business of 4 years is not an icon. Maybe it will be one day but it isn't now in my book.

We went to Thirty A Cafe for Martini night last night and had a wonderfull time with the option of Valeting or NOT..... As locals we do not like VALET parking. The valets had a wonderful sense of humor, $5 bucks for Valet or $29 self park! we chose the $29 route....The Bar Menu is fantastic and you can't go wrong with the $5 martini's.
Let me make sure. They were joking about the $29, right?

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
Nick's has a great bar, and great food and free parking.

Last edited:

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
As I heard, the Stinky's folks were told to either valet everybody or have parking tickets given to people parking on the side of the road. Valet sucks sometimes but a ton of parking tickets makes people a lot less likely to return.

We were told it was not an option and wanted to move our car literally less than 4 feet to valet, that it was due to insurance reasons. :dunno:

Last edited: