• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

sallyh

Beach Comber
May 9, 2006
Hello! I want to thank everyone for this forum-I have been a lurker for years and have learned so much and lived vicariously through all the wonderful natives and visitors alike.

Finally made the decision to come down again in Oct. Yay!

Does anyone have a suggestion on a safe place to stay overnight in AL - around Birmingham or Montgomery?

Thanks in advance!

bluecat

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2007
kentucky
Sallyh,if you are going 65 South, Athens is a good stop .The first weekend in Oct. is a fiddler's thing going on so you might call ahead. Some of our friends stop in Prattville and we have stayed in Decatur farther down than that, I thing I would just haul on to South Walton. Hope that helps some. Have a safe trip.

sallyh

Beach Comber
May 9, 2006
Thanks bluecat!! I would definitely rather just motor on, but will probably either have to make a lot of stops to let my mom move around or stay overnight. We have to pick someone up at the Panama City airport around 1 pm so the timing is important. Guess we could leave the before crack of dawn..but that's not my favorite option either! ;-)

We're coming from Memphis-78 to 65 to 331, I think.

Either way, I am SO excited that I get to come back this year; was really afraid the circumstances would not allow it.

sallyh

Beach Comber
May 9, 2006
Thanks, kurt! I've been reading hotel reviews-funny how it seems folks would rather post negative comments, making the reviews kind of skewed. Anyway, now I'm also trying to decide the best route after Montgomery. To Georgiana or just get on 331..since I'm going further east some map sites say to use 231 but I'm not sure that's better.