• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Judy B

Beach Comber
Nov 16, 2004
On a somewhat lighter note: after Ivan last September, the 'Seagrove Dog' was spotted alone on the beach. This past April we observed that he had found his way home.....just wondering if he wandered off again?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Judy B. said:
On a somewhat lighter note: after Ivan last September, the 'Seagrove Dog' was spotted alone on the beach. This past April we observed that he had found his way home.....just wondering if he wandered off again?
I bet he is under the pile of lumber at Oyster Lake outflow in Dune Allen. I know, you are thinking, how could such a heavy dog paddle that far. I think it is very possible. Then again, maybe he will turn up just yards away underwater, when the dust settles. I bet he can hold his breath a while. Divers would surely come to the area just to see him. Where is he? :dunno:

phdphay

Beach Fanatic
Mar 7, 2005
Actually there are two, from what I've heard. The one whose photo that I took after Ivan is at home at the top of what's left of the beach walkover at Seawatch (off Eastern Lake Road). I also have heard from friends who own at One Seagrove Place that they have a similar statue. I dunno if it's still there or not.

seagrovelover

little sugar
Jan 12, 2005
St Louis Missouri
So funny that you are talking about that dog.....we saw him numerous times on our seagrove vacation a couple weeks ago!!! he is low to the ground :rotfl: