Has anyone seen the 'Seagrove Dog'?

Discussion in 'All About SoWal' started by Judy B, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Judy B

Judy B Beach Comber

On a somewhat lighter note: after Ivan last September, the 'Seagrove Dog' was spotted alone on the beach. This past April we observed that he had found his way home.....just wondering if he wandered off again?

2. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

I bet he is under the pile of lumber at Oyster Lake outflow in Dune Allen. I know, you are thinking, how could such a heavy dog paddle that far. I think it is very possible. Then again, maybe he will turn up just yards away underwater, when the dust settles. I bet he can hold his breath a while. Divers would surely come to the area just to see him. Where is he? :idontno:

3. phdphay

phdphay Beach Fanatic

Actually there are two, from what I've heard. The one whose photo that I took after Ivan is at home at the top of what's left of the beach walkover at Seawatch (off Eastern Lake Road). I also have heard from friends who own at One Seagrove Place that they have a similar statue. I dunno if it's still there or not.

4. seagrovelover

seagrovelover little sugar

So funny that you are talking about that dog.....we saw him numerous times on our seagrove vacation a couple weeks ago!!! he is low to the ground :floor: