• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

tide12

Beach Lover
May 9, 2006
I was not a fan of Chops, after it moved from Destin. I loved the restaurant in both of its old locations in Destin, but it was not nearly as good in the SoWal locale, IMO. How is Seagrill? The menu just looks "O.K." to me, nothing extraordinary.

seagrover

Beach Fanatic
Nov 16, 2004
Seagrove Beach, FL
I have not been to Seagrill - only Destin Chops in Sowal but I have heard it is the same.

Don't you just love around here when they change the location but keep the same name? Like the Panama City Gift Show in Fort Walton?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I think it was actually called Chops 30A, or at least that is what I called it.

I've been to Seagrill several times and I enjoyed it. They have some good early evening specials for happy hour, like half-priced drinks and sushi. I've never made it to the dining room yet.

seacrestgirl

Beach Fanatic
Nov 25, 2006
Griffin, GA and Seacrest
Basically same layout...just a new focus on seafood instead of steaks. It is really, really good! Sushi is as good as always...and a deal during happy hour! I have also tried an entree...shrimp, artichokes...yummo!

Last edited:

seacrestgirl

Beach Fanatic
Nov 25, 2006
Griffin, GA and Seacrest
Ate at Seagrill last night....it was fantastic! Had sushi, which is always a winner. One party had the shrimp and grits: it was absolutely perfect! Probably the best shrimp and grits I have ever tasted! One party had a crab cake. It was light and yummy! Hubby had the Atlantic Salmon which had a citrus sauce/glaze....again, it was fabulous! We had the best meal of the week at Seagrill!