• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

smithwjhg

Beach Comber
Mar 31, 2010
Inlet Beach
www.wjhg.com
Just wanted to finally drop everyone a line and say hello. I am Chris Smith, the chief meteorologist at Channel 7 (NBC). Been coming down here for years, but I finally was able to convince Jason Kelley to move so I could get his job and get out of Atlanta where I worked (and still freelance some) at CNN.

Been down here since October trying to find a house... not easy with all these shortsales! Anyway, finally got a bank to respond to one in Inlet Beach and we hope to close in a few weeks.

It will be nice to finally get my wife down here (Atlanta) and get settled. Living with mom and dad has been great (30a/395 area) and all... but I am ready for a new roommate! :)

Anyway, feel free to drop me a note anytime you have any questions... that is what I am here for and I will make sure my fellow S. Walton friends will get taken care of.

Also, please pass along any good story ideas and I will let those folks know so we can get some good coverage for the county!

Finally, anytime you want to send me pictures of the weather... good or bad please do! I love to share them on TV.

I hope to see you around 30A! Make sure to say hi... just don't throw anything at me because of this past winter! :funn:

--Chris