Hello from a wannabe local

Discussion in 'Say Hello to SoWal!' started by aprilbradley, Mar 19, 2012.

1. aprilbradley

aprilbradley Beach Crab

Hi! I have been reading this forum for a few days and decided to go ahead and join.
    My parents have property in Destin and Seagrove and we have vacationed there for the past 26 years. My husband and I are contemplating a move to the area at the end of December if we can convince ourselves that we could run a successful Acupuncture/Massage/ Nutrition Consulting Practice. We are coming to scope it out a little more in a few weeks and really arent even sure what we are looking for... maybe we are hoping for more of a "feeling". Are people in the area interested in alternative health and wellness?

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this, if it isnt please let me know.
    We would appreciate any insight that locals could provide on best location between Destin and 30 A for a Wellness Business/Clinic that would be targeted towards locals. We are thinking Destin (around the midbay bridge) would be better because there are so many people around there all of the time. However, I am wondering if that area is more targeted towards tourists and if the locals try to avoid that area due to traffic?

I seem to be rambling, I apologize. Looking forward to our visit and reading up a little more about the area!
    Thanks for any info or advice-
    April Bradley

2. Kurt Lischka

Kurt Lischka Admin Staff Member

:welcome:

We have a little bit of each. Actually quite a bit of massage. One acupuncturist that I know of. The permanent population is rather small and conservative.

3. Teresa

Teresa SoWal Guide Staff Member

welcome to the board and we hope to hear from you often!

4. Abby Prentiss

Abby Prentiss Beach Fanatic

:welcome: