• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

tkingston

Beach Comber
Oct 7, 2009
I confess to being a long time lurker, and short time poster.

I am a 46 year old married mother of a teenage girl who is heavily involved in basketball (hence my unoriginal forum name) and volleyball. My husband and I have known each other for 20 years, and have been married for 16. I work with adults with disabilities and my husband is the director of technology for our city school system, and also the boys varsity basketball coach. He played 4 years at JSU (Jacksonville State University in Alabama), but only agreed to coach two years ago.

We are a racially diverse family of three, down to our two dogs (lol), and are looking forward to spending a week at Seagrove beginning June 26th. We have visited only once before (Santa Rosa), but found the locals to be very friendly and welcoming, and we look forward to seeing more of you when we come down.

I have been a lifelong visitor to Gulf Shores and Orange Beach, but have fallen in love with the beaches of South Walton, and that was only after ONE trip.

Can't wait to visit!

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
I confess to being a long time lurker, and short time poster.

I am a 46 year old married mother of a teenage girl who is heavily involved in basketball (hence my unoriginal forum name) and volleyball. My husband and I have known each other for 20 years, and have been married for 16. I work with adults with disabilities and my husband is the director of technology for our city school system, and also the boys varsity basketball coach. He played 4 years at JSU (Jacksonville State University in Alabama), but only agreed to coach two years ago.

We are a racially diverse family of three, down to our two dogs (lol), and are looking forward to spending a week at Seagrove beginning June 26th. We have visited only once before (Santa Rosa), but found the locals to be very friendly and welcoming, and we look forward to seeing more of you when we come down.

I have been a lifelong visitor to Gulf Shores and Orange Beach, but have fallen in love with the beaches of South Walton, and that was only after ONE trip.

Can't wait to visit!

From one Alabama girl to another :welcome:. Me and my tribe are also coming down on the 26th of June to Seagrove. This will be our 11th year coming to Seagrove Beach. I am from North Alabama. Had cousins that went to JAX State!

Have a safe trip and a wonderful time at the beach. Maybe we will see you around!

tkingston

Beach Comber
Oct 7, 2009
World Gets Smaller

Thanks for your welcome. My husband is from Tanner (between Decatur and Athens) so depending on what part of N. Alabama you are from, our world may have just gotten a bit smaller. Hopefully we will see you around Seagrove.

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
Thanks for your welcome. My husband is from Tanner (between Decatur and Athens) so depending on what part of N. Alabama you are from, our world may have just gotten a bit smaller. Hopefully we will see you around Seagrove.

I am a Huntsville native, but currently live about 4 miles South of Huntsville in Lacey's Spring. I know where Tanner is. Yep, looking forward to our visit and I am sure you are. Will see you around Seagrove!