• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

weluvgrayton

Beach Comber
Jun 1, 2008
Well, I was going to call myself a stalker until I read some of the posts and learned the correct terminology.

My family and I ( 3 daughters, husband, now unfortunately ex) and sometimes assorted other extended family members we happen to invite have been coming to Grayton Beach every summer over the 4th of July week since 1995.
We used to stay at Patrones, we used to never have any trouble getting a table at the Red Bar and the girls used to gorge themselves on virgin pina coladas at the game room upstairs when D&K's cafe was downstairs at their current location.

For a few years we stayed in the cabins at the state park, beautiful, I could book the cabin in Feb. or March and have my pick of cabins, now I have to book a year in advance.
For the last 3 years we have had to stay in Santa Rosa Beach and visit Grayton.
Luckily my youngest daughter and I come down in March to run the Seaside 1/2 Marathon and stay at the Hibiscus and get to reminisce about old times in Grayton.

We have traditions every year when we come down and one of them is eating oatmeal @ Hibiscus. Thanks Cheri!!
Another one of the traditions is eating lunch at the Red Bar before our drive home, we are from Tallahassee. We have given up on dinner there.

Adrienne, the oldest is 22 years old now and lives in Albuquerque, NM. She will be flying in with her boyfriend this year, she has got to show him this beautiful place.

I am so sorry this post is so long, but your towns, beaches, parks and businesses have been so much a part of our lives and I just wanted to let you know a little bit about it.

Last edited:

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
Sounds like wonderful memories over the years. :wave:

CPort

Beach Fanatic
Feb 15, 2007
Clearbranch, Miss
sounds like you've got a grayt tradition going on. and :welcome:My 2 cousins and I have been getting a big place usually in Grayton for 25 plus years each summer all our kids would come in and out during the week (cept mine when they were little) it was soo much fun. I lovebeing there for the parade on the 4th but hated all the crowds! We haven't all gathered down there since 1999 for various reasons but plan on getting back to the plan asap! Now all the grandchildren will be the 3rd gen.to gather with us!
I like to stay on that last street in Grayton by the dunes! Its a million ways away from the busy spots to me.

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
:welcome: Wonderful traditions! Don't be such a stalker....I mean lurker :D
Post often!

Beach Bimmer

Beach Fanatic
May 2, 2006
South Walton
:welcome: to SoWal! Bring your girls and come see us at Fired Up in Seaside! Starting some new traditions like paintin' pottery will surely make that ex go away even faster!

:D

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
:welcome: to SoWal! Bring your girls and come see us at Fired Up in Seaside! Starting some new traditions like paintin' pottery will surely make that ex go away even faster!

:D
It sure helped me!;-)

weluvgrayton

Beach Comber
Jun 1, 2008
We wanted to try that last year but ran out of time. I will be sure that we check it out this year it sounds fun.