• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Purrmaid

Beach Comber
Jul 4, 2016
Seagrove
Hi everyone! New to the forum & new in town. My husband and I recently closed escrow on our home in Seagrove . We will be moving full time in August from Los Angeles . Definitely a big change for us, but so looking forward to the change and new experiences. =)

Marmot

Beach Lover
Jun 16, 2016
SRB
:whitetrash: Welcome to the area, forum, and congrats on your home, you'll love SW and glad you chose this area as we need more full time residents along 30A.

Purrmaid

Beach Comber
Jul 4, 2016
Seagrove
Thank You =) . It was time for a change. Simplistically our criteria was , beautiful beach with water warm enough to enjoy it, safe neighborhood, slower pace, highly rated schools (planning on starting a family soon) etc. I started searching online about every city on the coast in Florida. Then I stumbled upon South Walton and couldn't believe what I was seeing. Pretty much everything I was reading/seeing was exactly what we were hoping to find. But how could such a beautiful place exist , almost too good to be true. We booked a flight in May to see for ourselves in person , turned onto 30a from the 98 had one peek at the beautiful water . My husband and I looked at each other , smiled , yep we had found it. The soft sand, gorgeous water, pine trees, dune lakes, open space , turtles and dolphins?! Love at first sight. Fast forward 3 days later and we had put an offer in on what is now our home.

groveral

Beach Lover
Jul 11, 2005
birmingham
Such a great story! We have had a second home in Seagrove for more than 10 years--live full time only 4 hours away. It is all that you say--and more. The sense of community we see and hear about from our many full time friends, is wonderful. Small, but sophisticated--and zero stuffiness. Beauty? Obvious to all!

Enjoy your new home and welcome y'all!

carson

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2014
Seagrove
Awesome! I develop The Counter Burger restaurants based out of LA, so I am there monthly. After being there a week, I always smile when I land in PCB and have no traffic, no smog etc...

Welcome, don't know too much about the "sophistication", but there are some characters here for sure.

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
Awesome! I develop The Counter Burger restaurants based out of LA, so I am there monthly. After being there a week, I always smile when I land in PCB and have no traffic, no smog etc...

Welcome, don't know too much about the "sophistication", but there are some characters here for sure.

I cry when I leave here and I smile when I come back. Always been that way!

Purrmaid

Beach Comber
Jul 4, 2016
Seagrove

How funny , I walk by the Pasadena Counter location frequently on my way to Sugar Fish . That's one thing I will miss about LA , the food . Sushi, Mexican, Indian, Korean , Asian Fusion..... But it's a small price to pay for no traffic, no smog and waking up to the sight of the beautiful ocean.