• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lward0617

Beach Comber
Dec 19, 2009
DeFuniak Springs
I would like to say hello to the community!
I have heard great things about SoWal.com from several locals and hope to make some new acquaintances!

My name is Lucas Ward, although I live in De Funiak Springs, I have through the years participated in many local events of SoWal.

You may know my father, Dwight Ward. He is a local potter and participates in a great Artist Community at Gulf Place. Check them out at:

HOME PAGE

A lot of great people there, and a lot of great stuff! Make sure to help support our local artist!! Without them we lose our culture!

I believe this post is supposed to be about me however...:D

I am 19 years old, living by myself in De Funiak, trying to figure out how to be an adult! I attend NWFSC working on my degree in Computer Science.

I am entirely devoted to running my own successful business, and my passion lies nowhere else. I will be attending school to benefit me in my strive to be successful. Once I finish my AA in Computer Science, I wish to work towards a more business oriented schedule.

I have been working with computers since I was seven years old. My first computer had a black screen with a blinking green dot. I still somehow managed to cause mayhem on it..The poor thing. I however, being of an inquisitive mind, chose to...fix it. From that point on I have been unable to break the unwavering passion I have towards technology and their influence on our way of life.

I am a true believer that technology has given us a higher standard of living, and that it provides the ability to keep moving forward. I feel that none should miss out on any piece of tech, we must move out of the iron age! From Children to seniors technology is becoming more increasingly relied upon. And it all starts with a personal PC!

That being said I would like to point out that I am in school for, and have been attending school, to keep people in the technological loop by offering my services. As this thread is supposed to be me introducing myself I will make a thread later on about what I would like to offer the SoWal community!

I look forward to meeting many of you, and exchanging many glorious words! I hope that SoWal.com can be my bridge to a better tomorrow by helping get my word and name out there!

So SoWal community! Hello There!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Hi Lucas - best of luck with your schooling - Matthew Broderick almost destroyed the world with a green screen. :lol:

I have enjoyed your father's work for many years and have several pieces in the house.

Lward0617

Beach Comber
Dec 19, 2009
DeFuniak Springs
Hello Kurt! Thank you very much! And..What movie are you talking about?

I am pleased to know my fathers work is enjoyed by more than just family. =)
Thank you again, I am sure he appreciates it.

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
Welcome to the forums and have a very Merry Christmas. :wave: