1. Summer's End Clearance Sale Everything 30-50% off at Moon Creek Gallery in Grayton Beach Plaza on 283! Your favorite SoWal Photo Prints, Matted Prints, Framed Prints, SoWal T-shirts & Hats.

Help Lead The Way And Bring Solar To Our Community!

Discussion in 'Business, Goods and Services' started by CHELCO Electric Co-op, Aug 21, 2017.

1. CHELCO Electric Co-op

CHELCO Electric Co-op Beach Crab

Are you a Choctawhatchee Electric Cooperative (CHELCO) member?

Do you support solar energy and don't mind paying a bit more to have this renewable energy as a source of power at your home (residential renters too!!)?

Is individual solar impractical or too expensive?

If so, CHELCO is offering a cooperative, affordable way to bring solar to our community.

You can subscribe to a block of solar electricity for a monthly fee. The fee is either $26 for a five-year or $27.50 for a one-year commitment.

This fee pays for a community solar array. As a not-for-profit, our management and board want to offer solar to the many CHELCO members who've asked for it. However, because of the high initial costs, the decision was made not to pass those costs along to the entire membership.

Subscriptions are for a block of solar electricity - a portion of the array's output - and you will get a monthly solar credit for a portion of your electric bill. The credit is expected to average 208 kilowatt-hours monthly (depends on solar output - for example, it may be higher in summer and lower when persistently cloudy). With this credit, your subscription will have, on average, a net increase of $11 or $12 per month on your electric bill, before taxes.

Subscribers will share in the pride of bringing this renewable energy to our community. Once the array is operational, the first 90 subscribers will also receive a window sticker showing that your home is "Powered by Co-op Solar."

For more information, please post questions here or call our marketing department at (850) 307 - 1122. You can also visit our website at www.chelco.com or fill out an interest form at I'm interested in CHELCO's Cooperative Solar project | CHELCO. Solar.JPG

2. bentley

bentley Beach Crab

I am interested in an investment, to save money, and to help mitigate effects of climate change. I would like to add panels to my home and be able to sell or receive credit if I feed excess to your grid. Can you let me know what the policy is?

3. CHELCO Electric Co-op

CHELCO Electric Co-op Beach Crab

Hi Bentley - I don't have information on your specific question. As a start, you may want to look at the Florida law which allows for net metering: Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

Our marketing department can speak to your specific circumstances and address your questions - please call and ask for Betty. She is out of office this morning but will be back in the PM.

4. gunshy69

gunshy69 Beach Comber

I can help you with solar on your home. Chelco doesn't install panels on your home. suncoastenergysolutions.com In addition, you can help others go solar, as well. Christine