• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

lindatat

quirty
Jul 14, 2005
Too far from the beach (Chicago 'Burbs)
Need to bring a "dish to pass" to a BBQ tomorrow night and I can't choose. here are my choices:

1) A seashell pasta salad with scallops, shrimp, asparagus & grape tomatoes in a lemon vinaigrette (served in a pail with shovel as suggested by T-bone in another food thread.)

2) A salad nicoise with field greens, tuna, green beans, new potatoes, hard cooked eggs, kalamata olives, artichoke hearts and grape tomatoes with a Dijon vinaigrette.)

Any votes? I'll be happy to make the "winner" again on my next visit to Sowal!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
My only suggestion is that if you decide to switch the pale and shovel for a dumptruck, be sure to tie down the dump bed to the body so that you don't lose your load. ;-)

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
Either one sound sounds equally good. I do know that the salad nicoise is not made as much anymore, at least not that I've seen. It was a very popular salad in the 70's - considered trendy and sophisticated. It is very delicious.

Man, oh man, I hope you're going somewhere where you will have some lake breezes!

lindatat

quirty
Jul 14, 2005
Too far from the beach (Chicago 'Burbs)
I was leaning towards the pasta and it seems to be the popular choice! One day I will make the Salad Nicoise for Johnrudy and other Sowal friends!

And oh how I wish there were lake breezes where I was going, but instead I will be hearing the not-too-distant sounds of traffic on I55 near Clarendon Hills! So it you happen to see a dump truck full of seafood pasta salad heading south on Rt. 83 tomorrow afternoon, you'll know who it is!

By the way, JR, my 3rd choice was to just order a couple lobster salads from Pappadeaux TO GO and save myself from cooking! (Still an option now that I just had a few Mai-tais with my neighbor awaiting replies to this post!)

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
lindabobhat said:
I was leaning towards the pasta and it seems to be the popular choice! One day I will make the Salad Nicoise for Johnrudy and other Sowal friends!

And oh how I wish there were lake breezes where I was going, but instead I will be hearing the not-too-distant sounds of traffic on I55 near Clarendon Hills! So it you happen to see a dump truck full of seafood pasta salad heading south on Rt. 83 tomorrow afternoon, you'll know who it is!

By the way, JR, my 3rd choice was to just order a couple lobster salads from Pappadeaux TO GO and save myself from cooking! (Still an option now that I just had a few Mai-tais with my neighbor awaiting replies to this post!)
You know, that's not that bad of an idea and probably cheaper!