• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Posted once but got no replies. we are looking at Gulf Place, Legends, and a nice house in a little community in Seagrove called Summers Edge. Want to be around people but wish we could find a place with families not just retirees as we are "young" retirees.
Thanks
Gayle

Camellia

Beach Fanatic
Nov 26, 2004
I would probably keep looking. Don't know anything about Legends, but in winter, neither Gulf Place or Summers Edge would be populated consistently.
Have you thought of Rosemary Beach? Maybe even Grayton Beach, where lots of full timers live.

seacrestgirl

Beach Fanatic
Nov 25, 2006
Griffin, GA and Seacrest
Seacrest Beach (next to Rosemary) is a really good spot as well! I am so jealous that you get to "winter" in Sowal.....it's my greatest aspiration. Unfortunately, I have WAY too many years before that happens!

Where to spend winter

I would probably keep looking. Don't know anything about Legends, but in winter, neither Gulf Place or Summers Edge would be populated consistently.
Have you thought of Rosemary Beach? Maybe even Grayton Beach, where lots of full timers live.

Rosemary Beach is nice. Grayton seems a little isolated. But both are pretty high priced. That's the appeal of Gulf Place and Legends- in our price range