• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Seaquell.net

Beach Comber
Dec 5, 2005
Hi rental owners...I have a single-family rental with a 4 year old A/C that is giving my tenant some trouble. The tenant says it doesn't cool. We've had a handyman out there to look and changed the thermostat, but the tenant says it still doesn't cool. I'm looking for a reputable A/C servicer. Any ideas?

teamc

Beach Lover
Jan 10, 2009
Last edited:

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
Call Scott Gallagher 2673865, Local Company, great service.

NightAngel

Beach Fanatic
Aug 28, 2006
The Village
I can tell you who NOT to call. Do NOT use Woodlawn Mechanical Contractors. My central unit went out about 6 months ago and we called them, they said they had a great deal on a unit that was put in somewhere and never used because it wound up being too small and indeed, it did look brand new, but it has never worked right since they installed it and now it doesn't work at all and they basically told me after coming back about 3 times to get it running that I was on my own. Now I am stuck with a unit that doesn't work and am out the money I paid for it and cannot afford another one right now.

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
Is this a long-term tenant or a weekly rental? It has been very cool the past couple of days, and if they have tried to use the A/C during this time, it is not surprising that it would not work very well. If this is a longer-term issue then ignore my post. :D

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
I know there is a reset button on my A/C outside unit. If someone leaves the doors open consistently and has the system running, sometimes it freezes up and has to be reset. Given that it has been cool out, it could be another problem, but occasionally, when that has happened, resetting the system has cured the problem. My system is older than yours. If you have a reset, try that first and perhaps you could save money on a house visit for a technician to do it.

lerxst

Beach Fanatic
Jul 24, 2008
a/c

I've used Peaden in the past and they have been very good. Angel Air in SRB have also been helpful.

276-0478