• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Why is it that old posts stay on the forum? If something is posted and it rents OR a renter finds a place, it doesn't make any sense to me why the old posts stay up. All of it just clutters the forum and makes searching pretty difficult.

My idea, which I am sure has been brought up many a times, is to delete old posts. If a place is rented, delete it. If a renter finds their place, delete it.

Does anyone else agree? Can anyone explain why this doesn't happen? I would LOVE it if this was protocol and how much easier it would make using the forum for things like finding your next home!

P.S. - is there even an option to delete your posts and new threads you start? I'm looking around, but can't see anything.

Last edited:

m1a1mg

Beach Fanatic
Mar 16, 2014
Lost in the world
It's always interesting to see someone register and post to 20 different threads looking for a place. If they had only read the entire thread, they'd have seen it was rented or the initial post is really old.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
I think it's fun to watch people respond to 5 year old "For Sale" posts. You are allowed to delete posts, but there is a time limit on that.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
Old posts usually involve either pet-friendly condo rentals, or the legendary blue tick hound.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
The blue tick hound has become a symbol for the deepest desire of the unobtainable.

notorious63

Beach Comber
Oct 2, 2006
Why is it that old posts stay on the forum? If something is posted and it rents OR a renter finds a place, it doesn't make any sense to me why the old posts stay up. All of it just clutters the forum and makes searching pretty difficult.

My idea, which I am sure has been brought up many a times, is to delete old posts. If a place is rented, delete it. If a renter finds their place, delete it.

Does anyone else agree? Can anyone explain why this doesn't happen? I would LOVE it if this was protocol and how much easier it would make using the forum for things like finding your next home!

P.S. - is there even an option to delete your posts and new threads you start? I'm looking around, but can't see anything.

Good ideas, read the sticky for answers >>>
http://www.sowal.com/bb/showthread.php/45464-Read-before-posting-in-the-rental-forum

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
The blue tick hound should have been sold as a timeshare.