Heron's Watch Condos

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by barrett, Sep 12, 2008.

1. barrett

barrett Beach Comber

I have been a lurker here for a while, now I have a question. Could anybody with real estate experince in the area tell me about the Heron's Watch Condos. Are they soundly constructed, would they be a good investment and such. Thanks for any answers and have a great day.

2. Bob

Bob SoWal Insider

I think Bobby J knows Heron's Watch

3. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

I have a couple of friends who own condos there. I am a Realtor, but I am not a construction engineer, and cannot vouch for "sound construction" on any building. I can tell you that I haven't heard any negatives regarding construction on those condos.

As for "good investment," that depends on your definition of good investments, purchase price, interest rates, down-payment, rental income, occupancy rate, cash flow, and tax benefits.

4. beachmouse

beachmouse Beach Fanatic

They were originally built to be affordable and nice workforce housing. Unless a flipper 'updated' the units, you're probably not talking granite/stainless, but something more modest.

5. Bobby J

Bobby J Beach Fanatic

I have sold a few units in Heron's Watch over the years. Had a sale recently. I have never had any complaints from the buyers. I am a little surprised at how much they have dropped in value. There are three units in the complex under $120,000. Two of them are bank owned. I would think if this was in your price range and where you were looking it might be something worth taking a deeper look at. Looking at the MLS system the association fees range from $210 a month to $350 per month. If I remember correctly the correct fee is $350 per month. Maybe a little less. I would give the construction a B-.

6. Matt J

Matt J SWGB

Bobby J is the difference in dues based on the size of the unit or are all the Heron's Watch condos the same size?

7. Franny

Franny Beach Fanatic

They are all two bedroom, two bath. The second building is much newer and may have higher dues. I would need to research this in the mls. I sold in the original building and also resold the unit. Both buyers were extremely happy with their condo.

8. Bobby J

Bobby J Beach Fanatic

Not sure. It could be they are listed wrong. I will check it out.

9. JUL

JUL Beach Fanatic

cool website BJ! Love that you can hear the ocean and the turtles are grayt!

10. egrp

egrp Beach Lover

There are like 7 total bldgs with 2/2s all just under 1,000 SF the last Phase 7 has stainless and granite and tile flooring. i beleive HOA is more like 267 or so but that was a couple yrs a go so insuarance has likely caused an increase. They rent for around $900/unit/month on long term....i dont think it would be good for vrbo short term type rentals....access to eastern lake with a small dock. At $120,000 per unit you are likely below replacement cost even with the modest construction found on most units. good luck