1. Trouble logging in? Send a message with your username & email address for help.
    Dismiss Notice

Hi Folks!

Discussion in 'Say Hello to SoWal!' started by valpal, Jun 20, 2014.

1. valpal

valpal Beach Comber

Hello all! I've been around for quite some time, and because you all seem like a great bunch, decided to set up an account.

I've been vacationing and/or living here since I was a baby, and just north of 30 years later....we'll I'm still around. Aside from the SoWal area, my other home is Nashville. I have 7-year-old twins, a boy and girl.

It it seems like just yesterday I was getting stung by hordes of jellyfish on an isolated beach in Dune Allen, sleeping in a cracker box house on stilts with wide porches and no A/C. Times have changed!

I love to write and absolutely love this area's history. Always wanting to learn more. I love the beach (duh), cooking and local places to eat, swimming, preservation, fishing, and sea creatures (or whatever washes up on shore).

I look forward to being a part of this community, and thank you in advance for being here!

2. kurt

kurt Admin Staff Member

Welcome - write often!

:sowal:

3. carson

carson Beach Fanatic

Welcome, or welcome home! Different place, 30a, for sure and times have changed, some good, some bad. It is till better than 99.9% of any other place in the lower 48 I suppose. The place hasnt changed as much maybe as people have, definitely more of them!

4. Teresa

Teresa SoWal Guide Staff Member

Welcome to the SoWal community!

:wave:

5. Dawn

Dawn Beach Fanatic

WOw! 30 years a lot has changed since then. Welcome home! :wave: