1. Trouble logging in? Send a message with your username & email address for help.
    Dismiss Notice

High Pointe in Seacrest Beach

Discussion in 'Rentals - Vacation' started by lbjpryan, Jun 26, 2005.

1. lbjpryan

lbjpryan Beach Comber

My family and I will be on vacation in August and are staying at High Pointe...We have been to 30-A ever since I can remember, but Seagrove is af far as we have ventured...Our late booking pushed us to High Pointe....Anyone have any thoughts about High Point????

2. RiverOtter

RiverOtter got any pics?

I own two units there and love it. The pool is awesome. Great to have a bar/grill right at the pool overlooking the beach too. Go over to Rosemary for lunch and dinner. You are still close enough to Angelinas and Spicey Noodle, The Terrace. Seaside is only 7 miles east so no big deal there. On some days there are art shows in Rosemary. There is a great sandwich place and a great toy store there too. Oh yeah, the Sugar Shack. Gots to go to da Sugar Shack. Less traffic than Seaside or Seagrove too. Kids love biking through Rosemary, Seacrest, Paradise By The Sea, Inlet Beach, etc... :cool:

3. Oldtimer

Oldtimer Beach Lover

What's not to love on 30-A? :cool:

4. RiverOtter

RiverOtter got any pics?

Good point OT :cool:

5. LL

LL Beach Crab

Hi,

I am currently staying at the High Pointe resort. It is a very nice resort, with a great pool - which is a blessing, since we have been here for 6 days and have not been able to go into the ocean once due to the strong currents. We have only been to this area once before, last August, and the flags were green everyday - we fell in love with Seagrove Beach and decided to make it an annual trip. We were unable to find a place to stay for July 4th on Seagrove Beach, so we also ended up at the High Pointe Resort. There is not much actual beach in this area, I'm not sure if that is due to the hurricane/ tropical storm activity - Seagrove Beach had much more beach. However, the resort itself is very nice and I am glad we ended up here because we are serious ocean-lovers and have been extremely let down that we haven't been able to be in the ocean - so it is nice to have a big pool, ocean-side bar, etc. If we do return to this area, it will be in May - to minimize the risk of running into bad weather. Hope you have better luck!

6. RiverOtter

RiverOtter got any pics?

:welcome: Which building are you staying in? We have a unite in the the East Gulf Front Building and the South facing Pool Building.

7. RyanYokely

RyanYokely Beach Comber

Hello. Thank you for visiting the Emerald Coast! My roomate and I decided to do something out of the ordinary last year and booked a long weekend at High Point (yes, I know it is only about 7 miles from our house! :idontno: ) and enjoyed it immensely. We felt like we were a million miles away and were on a mini-vacation. Our unit had a nice jacuzzi tub and the pool/bar overlooking the beach was a treat. Enjoy and let us know what you think! :wub:

8. macmom

macmom Beach Crab

Hi,
    Where are your units in High Pointe River Otter? We stayed there last summer and this summer---the week of the shark attacks---and would like to come back next year also. We love the place! What realty do you rent through?

9. RiverOtter

RiverOtter got any pics?

Check your PM's

10. macmom

macmom Beach Crab

THANKS! Sent you a message.

Wish I would've found this website before we left for vacation! Great info!

11. LL

LL Beach Crab

Hi,

We were staying in the West Building, and evacuated on 7/8. How did the resort hold up after the storm?

12. RiverOtter

RiverOtter got any pics?

The only major damage was the beach walkover. Other than that not really anything. Some very minor soffet damage on 2 buildings.

13. theresagwinner

theresagwinner Beach Comber