• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SoWalSally

Beach Fanatic
Feb 19, 2005
Tim Pauls is a horses patoot. 2 weeks after he got elected he started complaining about the job and said he would never run for re-election. Who knows why he did. EGO EGO EGO maybe :roll: .

He won election by telling the Peach Creek Alliance how great they were and that he would fight for them. Two years of lip service by him and fighting by the citizens to prevent heavy industry on Peach Creek. It came down to a vote and TP conveniently left on vacation.

He wasn't man enough to not run, instead he sabatoged his own campaign by picking on kids.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
beachmouse said:
I'd almost forgotten about the bus easement incident. Still can't figure what he hoped to gain from that all. It's not like the school board was actually going to land swap with him for anything valuable.
Tim and I have something in common. I just purchased a piece of land, and guess who decided to pave a road on it last year? That's right, the blank, blank County. Apparently, they don't survey the property prior to paving. Go figure. I wont be shutting down the school buses, nor will I be running in a public election if I decide to baricade my property. However, I do understand Tim's frustration.

lenzoe

Beach Fanatic
kurt said:
I'd rather have certain parts of my anatomy get caught in a garbage disposal.
Good, it's settled then. Kurt's my write-in candidate. And after you win we could sell Hollywood on a TV series. We could call it "The Commish: SWE" (South Walton Edition) with plots taken from Kurt's real-life daily struggles to be the best South Walton commisioner ever. And every show would end with Kurt saying "I'd rather have parts of my anatomy caught in a garbage disposal."

lenzoe said:
Good, it's settled then. Kurt's my write-in candidate. And after you win we could sell Hollywood on a TV series. We could call it "The Commish: SWE" (South Walton Edition) with plots taken from Kurt's real-life daily struggles to be the best South Walton commisioner ever. And every show would end with Kurt saying "I'd rather have parts of my anatomy caught in a garbage disposal."

Wonder if he'd still have time for the boards :D Probably doing :bang: most of the time :D

Hey Lenzoe! What happend to Blinky (3 eyed fish :dunno: )

lenzoe said:
Blinky's been temporarily benched. I'm still searching for my true "permanent" icon/avatar, but I reserve the right to bring him back when I'm feeling in a particularly mutant-like mode. I really like your's.

Thanks, but not my choice. My original avi drew the ire of some very vocal, nasty (but rarely posting) board members. So Kurt found me a new one that wouldn't cause so many problems. :dunno: I like the little guy though :D

lenzoe

Beach Fanatic
Smiling JOe said:
I guess we could always pull an Edward Abbey if they started building them.

(Edward Abbey is a crazy author, who wrote fabulous tales against the evils of development and the cancerous growth of "civilization.")
I enjoyed "The Monkey Wrench Gang."

There's a Florida author by the name of Carl Hiasson, who wrote at least one children's book along a similar theme with a Florida setting. The book was Hoot. Just got done reading it to the kids the other night.

At least Hoot had a happier outlook for the protagonists than Abbey's book.

lenzoe

Beach Fanatic
FoX said:
I've heard that the new county commissioners are pro-development, and they will abolish the 50-foot height limit in SoWal. Supposedly there are over 2 dozen projects already drawn up that are waiting to be approved once the code is changed.

Anyone think this will happen or if it's a good idea?
Where did you hear this, and is there any truth behind it? This would be a huge change to the comprehensive plan. I can't imagine any current property owners would be for this.