1. Trouble logging in? Send a message with your username & email address for help.
    Dismiss Notice

High School Graduation and 21st Birthday

Discussion in 'All About SoWal' started by Kim Smith, May 3, 2005.

1. Kim Smith

Kim Smith Beach Lover

I have some guests coming in who are going to be celebrating a high school graduation and also a 21st birthday while they are staying in Seagrove. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good place to eat or something special to do that would accomodate both celebrations. I would appreciate any help.

2. RiverOtter

RiverOtter got any pics?

Sounds like a Red Bar night or The bar over Bud and Alleys :cool:

3. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

21 is a bit old to be graduating high school.

A bar is a good place to be for the 21 year old's party, but not a good idea for the high school kids. Unless you plan to get the "kids" drunk, or unless the 21 yr old doesn't (wont be drinking) drink, it is probably a good idea to seperate the two celebrations.

Last edited: May 3, 2005
  4. Kim Smith

Kim Smith Beach Lover

That's what I was thinking but because there are two separate families that wanted to combine the two. It makes it difficult to think of something that would accomodate both age groups.

5. kurt

kurt Admin Staff Member

You will find all ages at the red Bar and the 331 - and many other restaurants too.

6. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

Sure you can find places that would accomodate both "age groups," but most people celebrating their 21st bday want to get drunk -- legally. ( kids graduating high school just want to get drunk --period). Personally, I don't think celebrating the two together is a good idea for you or the recent graduates who are certain to get into trouble or endanger someone's life. You would be inviting trouble.

Perhaps you could celebrate the 21st bday on one day and the graduation on another.

Last edited: May 3, 2005
  7. lenzoe

lenzoe Beach Fanatic

What is the drinking age in Florida anway?

8. RiverOtter

RiverOtter got any pics?

The Bar at Bud and Alleys is all ages until after sunset isn't it?? :idontno:

9. kurt

kurt Admin Staff Member

BEcause SoWal is such a family place - there are few "true bars". Most are restaurants with a bar, and some become more party oriented after dinner hours.

The legal age for alcohol in the USA is 21 years old. The National Minimum Drinking Age Act of 1984 required all states to raise their minimum purchase and public possession of alcohol age to 21. States that did not comply faced a reduction in highway funds under the Federal Highway Aid Act. The U.S. Department of Transportation has determined that all states are in compliance with this act.

10. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

Send 'em off to war to kill and be killed, but please don't let them drink alcohol.
    They cannot handle it. They can marry and have a baby, but they are not grown up enough to drink alcohol. They just can handle it.

--Only in America. (Stinking Politicians)

11. lenzoe

lenzoe Beach Fanatic

Wow. I guess that shows how out of touch I am with the under-21 crowd, I didn't know they'd passed that. And most places stopped carding me a while back (not sure why).