• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kim Smith

Beach Lover
Nov 16, 2004
I have some guests coming in who are going to be celebrating a high school graduation and also a 21st birthday while they are staying in Seagrove. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good place to eat or something special to do that would accomodate both celebrations. I would appreciate any help.

Kim Smith said:
I have some guests coming in who are going to be celebrating a high school graduation and also a 21st birthday while they are staying in Seagrove. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good place to eat or something special to do that would accomodate both celebrations. I would appreciate any help.

Sounds like a Red Bar night or The bar over Bud and Alleys :cool:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
21 is a bit old to be graduating high school.

A bar is a good place to be for the 21 year old's party, but not a good idea for the high school kids. Unless you plan to get the "kids" drunk, or unless the 21 yr old doesn't (wont be drinking) drink, it is probably a good idea to seperate the two celebrations.

Last edited:

Kim Smith

Beach Lover
Nov 16, 2004
That's what I was thinking but because there are two separate families that wanted to combine the two. It makes it difficult to think of something that would accomodate both age groups.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Kim Smith said:
That's what I was thinking but because there are two separate families that wanted to combine the two. It makes it difficult to think of something that would accomodate both age groups.
Sure you can find places that would accomodate both "age groups," but most people celebrating their 21st bday want to get drunk -- legally. ( kids graduating high school just want to get drunk --period). Personally, I don't think celebrating the two together is a good idea for you or the recent graduates who are certain to get into trouble or endanger someone's life. You would be inviting trouble.

Perhaps you could celebrate the 21st bday on one day and the graduation on another.

Last edited:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
BEcause SoWal is such a family place - there are few "true bars". Most are restaurants with a bar, and some become more party oriented after dinner hours.

The legal age for alcohol in the USA is 21 years old. The National Minimum Drinking Age Act of 1984 required all states to raise their minimum purchase and public possession of alcohol age to 21. States that did not comply faced a reduction in highway funds under the Federal Highway Aid Act. The U.S. Department of Transportation has determined that all states are in compliance with this act.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Send 'em off to war to kill and be killed, but please don't let them drink alcohol.
They cannot handle it. They can marry and have a baby, but they are not grown up enough to drink alcohol. They just can handle it.

--Only in America. (Stinking Politicians)