• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Ms. A-town

Beach Crab
Nov 6, 2005
Hello all. I've enjoyed reading the various forums.

We've recently moved to the SRB/Pt. Washington area and it has become apparent that there is no high speed internet available other than satellite. Satellite isn't an option for us, b/c I need a secure VPN connection for my work, which I've been told you can not get over satellite. I've asked some of the folks who live in our area and they all have satellite. How is possible that you can have high-speed internet access in Mozambique, but not parts of S. Walton County? Does anyone know if any proposals through the county for this to change?

steele mama

Beach Fanatic
Mar 14, 2005
Newnan, Georgia
Ms. A-town said:

We've recently moved to the SRB/Pt. Washington area and it has become apparent that there is no high speed internet available other than satellite. Satellite isn't an option for us, b/c I need a secure VPN connection for my work, which I've been told you can not get over satellite. I've asked some of the folks who live in our area and they all have satellite. How is possible that you can have high-speed internet access in Mozambique, but not parts of S. Walton County? Does anyone know if any proposals through the county for this to change?
:welcome: Welcome Ms. A-town.
Concerning your question, I have no idea. Just saying welcome.
I really don't think it could be true, however, what about cable? :dunno:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Ms. A-town said:

MediaCom would be the cable company servicing the area of Pt Washington, and coverage varies from one neighborhood to the next. You would not be the person who recently moved into a house on Georgie St, eh?

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Welcome aboard! I had Mediacom installed when at WC last month and I am very pleased with the service. Hopefully, it will be available for you.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Sueshore said:
Welcome aboard! I had Mediacom installed when at WC last month and I am very pleased with the service. Hopefully, it will be available for you.

Yeah, thanks to Mediacom, Miss Kitty kept us entertained everyday that she was at the beach! They get my vote!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
jdarg said:
Yeah, thanks to Mediacom, Miss Kitty kept us entertained everyday that she was at the beach! They get my vote!

And more importantly...Sueshore got soooo many laughs!!! Mediacom, Mediacom, RAH, RAH, RAH!!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Ms. A-town said:

Call Jim McDonald to see if you can get a signal from him:
http://www.aircombroadband.com

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
If you're on/near Georgie St, :welcome: neighbor (well, within a mile or two) and I am in internet hell at my home too. Sprint doesn't have DSL in our 'hood yet.

If you figure out a solution, will you (or anyone else with a clue) pm me?

I will have to try Kurt's suggestion too.