• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Construction on the the Hilton House began in 1999. One reason, but not the only reason, it has taken so long to build is that eveything in this home, from the structural steel to the windows and doors are of a custome made one of a kind design. For an interesting look at the structural steel check out the photos of this home on arthurdyson.com.

If Hilton is as wealthy as everyone would like to believe, the reason this place isn't finished (now almost 10 years in the making) goes way beyond windows and doors.

It took only 5 years to build the Bellagio in Las Vegas--that was from the day of implosion of the old Dunes hotel in 1994 until the Bellagio opened its doors for business in 1998.

It has 36 stories, 3,026 rooms, and an 8 acre man-made lake with a $40 million dancing fountain with 1,200 nozzles, highlighted by 4,500 colored lights choreographed to shoot water up to 250 feet into the air.

It's apparent that Hilton doesn't have the wherewithal to get his beach house done--he's lacking something (money, skilled workers, sound construction, etc) and/or is benefiting in some personal/financial way by having this thing drag on and on and on.

J-WS6

Beach Comber
May 22, 2007
Houston, TX
Shelly made some good points. Maybe the house just isn't on the top of his priority list.

Regardless, I'd still love to see a night shot of the house...

If Hilton is as wealthy as everyone would like to believe, the reason this place isn't finished (now almost 10 years in the making) goes way beyond windows and doors.

It took only 5 years to build the Bellagio in Las Vegas--that was from the day of implosion of the old Dunes hotel in 1994 until the Bellagio opened its doors for business in 1998.

It has 36 stories, 3,026 rooms, and an 8 acre man-made lake with a $40 million dancing fountain with 1,200 nozzles, highlighted by 4,500 colored lights choreographed to shoot water up to 250 feet into the air.

It's apparent that Hilton doesn't have the wherewithal to get his beach house done--he's lacking something (money, skilled workers, sound construction, etc) and/or is benefiting in some personal/financial way by having this thing drag on and on and on.

Have you seen the home where Charlie lives now? While others talk the talk Mr. Hilton walks the walk. He is a model of self discipline and if most Americans would follow his example we would not have an economy like we do.

He can do anything he wants with his property in Paradise within the limits of the law. He can also push the limits of the law as effectively as anyone I know of.

Santiago

Beach Fanatic
May 29, 2005
seagrove beach
Have you seen the home where Charlie lives now? While others talk the talk Mr. Hilton walks the walk. He is a model of self discipline and if most Americans would follow his example we would not have an economy like we do.

He can do anything he wants with his property in Paradise within the limits of the law. He can also push the limits of the law as effectively as anyone I know of.

Correct. The house may not be at the top of his priorty list but if he wanted it finished inside the time frame of the Bellagio construction, it would have been. He would not have started it had he not been able to afford it. Its as simple as that.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
I'm sure those in the construction biz know this better than me...

But, I heard that the property taxes would go up dramatically once a CO was issued, hence Hilton's allowing construction to drag on.

Even if that's wrong or not the case for Hilton, I expect that Shelly's got it right, he'd have it done if it wasn't advantageous in some way for him not to complete it.

Last edited:
I'm sure those in the construction biz know this better than me...

But, I heard that the property taxes would go up dramatically once a CO was issued, hence Hilton's allowing construction to drag on.

Even if that's wrong or not the case for Hilton, I expect that Shelly's got it right, he'd have it done if it wasn't advantageous in some way for him not to complete it.

I had the property appraiser at one of my jobs 2 days ago that was pre-C.O. Once you get to a certain point in construction the County can probably begin taxing the improvement.

It doesn't make math sense for a multi-million dollar project to move slowly so that the property taxes don't get raised. I know Shelly's usually correct, but Shelly's wrong about this one. Mr. Hilton can finish his home anytime he feels like it. He's got the manpower and cash.