• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Looks like Phase I of the Jetson's Subdivison--goes nicely with the Flintstones Water Park in Cypress Breeze don'tyathink?

Last edited:

sunshine

Beach Lover
May 1, 2005
south walton
thought I'd regenerate the Hilton thread -
rumors always abound as to the ownership, cost, etc. Today, someone stopped in my office asking directions to what she was certain was Tom Clancy's $60,000,000 home!
That's what the sales folks at a time-share presentation told her. :rotfl:

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Am I the only one who thinks the house next to Hilton's (to the east) is way uglier? To my eyes, the one next door is tacky subdivision McMansion.

(No offense to current and past owners, your mileage may vary, no affiliation with architects and builders, etc. - all the standard disclaimers)

tidalfish

Beach Comber
Jan 16, 2006
TreeFrog said:
Am I the only one who thinks the house next to Hilton's (to the east) is way uglier? To my eyes, the one next door is tacky subdivision McMansion.

(No offense to current and past owners, your mileage may vary, no affiliation with architects and builders, etc. - all the standard disclaimers)

Got a picture of that one?

pgurney

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
ATL & Seacrest
Smiling JOe said:
I'm indifferent to Charlie's house, but I think if we found such a thing 100 years from now, buried under the sea, divers would come from all over just to see it, and it would draw even more curiosity.

Haha. When I see it, I get this image of the Planet of the Apes. And instead of the Statue of Liberty poking out of the sand, it's the Hilton house.

I've always thought it was being built to look like a cruise ship...looking from the beach side of it.

Philip_Atlanta

Beach Lover
Mar 1, 2005
www.rosemaryrental.com
TreeFrog said:

I agree as well, both of those homes are so out of place.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
It is a Georgian style?

gibside.jpg

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
kurt said:
It is a Georgian style?

gibside.jpg

Yeah, a faux Mediterranean Georgian with two giant palm trees on either side. :roll:

It is majestic and all but in no way suits the landscape. Charlie's house, I am used to. The two next to each other ... hideous. And easy to see, unfortunately, now that all that vegetation is down.

imasunbum

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2005
Don't get me wrong, I definitely agree with most of you and don't like the looks of the Hilton home. However, it seems that that thing has been under construction for years, maybe before anyone knew what was going to happen in that area (and didn't know it would need to blend). Seems like it was there when nothing else was except maybe what I use to think (or was told) was a nude beach. Remember when the cars used to park along 30A but you never saw any people. I guess they were naked in the dunes. :lol: