• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
I like it in concept. Love modern architecture in general, and I think they're doing some neat things with it. But I think it really needs to be on a 5-10 acre parcel with the right kind of landscaping/vegetation, including some bigger trees/shrubbery that makes the whole project seem more in scale.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I'm indifferent to Charlie's house, but I think if we found such a thing 100 years from now, buried under the sea, divers would come from all over just to see it, and it would draw even more curiosity.

Cork On the Ocean

directionally challenged
One of my favorite architects and one of the most important of the 20th century was Le Corbusier who saw buildings as "machines for living". To me it looks like something he would do in this day. First time I saw it, I thought they used Le Corbusiers chapel at Ronchamps as their inspiration (hope my photo uploaded). Put it somewhere in France and maybe it would be complement the landscape. It does break all rules regarding "blending in" but wasn't that the purpose? Has anyone else heard that stimulus for the house was because they wouldn't let him put up anymore highrises along 30A? Also heard that Michael Jordan used to own the house next to it and fought it tooth and nail. Can anybody confirm any of this. I have great views of both homes and just curious if any of it is true.

Yes, it messes up our "feel" but it also should increase our property values. If it has half the light detail of Ronchamps and not just the form, it should be quite a masterpiece. Vive innovation, I guess.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Cork On the Ocean said:
One of my favorite architects and one of the most important of the 20th century was Le Corbusier who saw buildings as "machines for living". To me it looks like something he would do in this day. First time I saw it, I thought they used Le Corbusiers chapel at Ronchamps as their inspiration (hope my photo uploaded). Put it somewhere in France and maybe it would be complement the landscape. It does break all rules regarding "blending in" but wasn't that the purpose? Has anyone else heard that stimulus for the house was because they wouldn't let him put up anymore highrises along 30A? Also heard that Michael Jordan used to own the house next to it and fought it tooth and nail. Can anybody confirm any of this. I have great views of both homes and just curious if any of it is true.

Yes, it messes up our "feel" but it also should increase our property values. If it has half the light detail of Ronchamps and not just the form, it should be quite a masterpiece. Vive innovation, I guess.

Michael is not true.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Cork On the Ocean said:
Hey kurt,

Did michael ever own it? Heard it in several places. Also did Steven Tyler get the idea house in Watersound. When you took the tour the driver was going on about the 4 celebs that bid on it with Tyler at 12 mil
Is there a 30-A tour that we don't know about? I guess if the group on the tour bus doesn't know, the driver can say just about anything.

Cork On the Ocean

directionally challenged
You've got that right. You had to park back away from the idea house and a little old lady drove a minibus or tram or something. She went on and on about all the stars that have been bidding on it. Personally, I wasn't impressed with the house. Beachfront with no balconies directly facing the water exept for first floor as I remember. Pretty decorating though. Now you can drive all the way back through the subdivision